Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] prescribed a bipap machine
prescribed a bipap machine
Hi All,

I received my sleep study report today and surprisingly they have prescribed a Bipap machine, what are my best choices?  Also would it be appropriate to post my sleep study to the forum, I go back Tuesday to see about equipment.  Thanks in advance!!!  I think pressures where 11 and 6 as recomended.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: prescribed a bipap machine
I would stick to one of the major players, either the Philips Dreamstation BiPAP Auto or the Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto. Both are very good machines. You may be offered a choice of a fixed bilevel machine, i.e. BiPAP Pro or VPAP-S, and there is a big difference. Just like fixed CPAP and auto CPAP you want the auto. There are obviously differences in the Philips and Resmed auto bilevels, but nothing that would keep me away from either one, in fact I have both.

I'm curious why you were prescribed bilevel. You must have either had a very high pressure need or central apneas. Any chance you can post your study results?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone is going to have their own opinions, but I would suggest sticking with Resmed or PR.  I would also get an auto-bipap if you can.  The same arguments for auto-titrating machines apply to bipaps as well:  patient needs vary on a daily basis because of health, diet, alcohol, etc.  The good news is that most bipaps (Auto or not) are fully data capable.        

I use a Resmed Aircurve 10 vAuto, and I love it.  I chose resmed over PR for my auto-CPAP because it was more comfortable and more effective (for me), and I already had a number of accessories, so I never tried the PR auto-bipap.  I think PR has a few more options for their bipaps (like variable pressure support) but that was a non-issue for me as my doc wanted me on a flat 4 for pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
@silversnore,

Yes, you can post your sleep study just like people post sleepyhead screenshots.
Best if you upload to a photo sharing site like imgur or photobucket.

***Important***
Most sleep reports have personal data in them like real name, et cetera.
Be sure to redact any personally identifying data.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 247 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,129 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 710 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I use Bipap Machine for Cpap Julia63 8 688 09-21-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.