Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] res med aircurve 10 & battery power, DC adapter
res med aircurve 10 & battery power, DC adapter
HOW TO TURN OFF THE HEATER & HUMIDIFIER???

looking to get set for next hurricane season in advance.   there are a number non-manufacturer supplied batteries available on amazon.
my reading leads me to want to use a dc 12 volt can adapter to plug into my res med 10 and then plug into 12 volt dc out on the storage battery. Thanks

from reading the reviews, generally it is suggested to turn of the humidifier and heater when on battery power. i called resmed and they wanted to sell me a dc auto adapter, but not explain  how to turn off the heater and humidifier.

POSSIBLE BATTERY SOLUTIONS FOR LONGER THAN 3 DAYS:   i cannot post links yet, but if you search amazon
Goal Zero 23000 Yeti 400 Solar Generator

POWEROAK Powerhouse Compact 400Wh 12.3lb Portable Outlet, Power Source Generator 
i am in miami, florida. no power for 7+days is not iompossible with a major storm. it has been 10+ years and is about that time again.
these storage battery system can be used for all sorts of things. 
they can also be charged with a solar panel Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: res med aircurve 10 & battery power, DC adapter
Hi miami bob,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi miami bob - Welcome

The Resmed runs on 24vdc. The P-R's use 12vdc. You will need to use the Resmed DC converter.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a resmed 10 series machine?  If yes, then it's a 24 Volt machine with a 3 pin power plug.  Yes, you need the resmed power adapter.  It's not as simple as hooking up batteries to the machine.  There have been many threads on battery operation.  

The resmed auto 25 is actually an S8 generation machine.  Probably 24 Volt (check plate on bottom.)  Resmed makes a 12V to 24V adapter; IIRC, you can plug into the coaxial power jack on the S8

And, remember, when you can post links, you cannot post a link to any commercial website.

S8 machines look like: (with humidifier detached.)
[Image: VPAP-Auto-25.print_.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed also sells a battery that works with their systems, and they allow humidifier use, but they are very pricey. Its called the Resmed Power Station 2. It can provide 2 days of use on a charge.

For information about connecting your device to non-resmed batteries, resmed has a guide that can be found at:

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/a...lo_eng.pdf

Its geared for the s9, but as far I can tell, the power requirements, and converter are the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
The question in the OP is how to turn off the heater & humidifier.

Request the clinician manual via email by following the exact instructions at this link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
You must specify your exact model machine. It will tell you how to turn off the heater & humidifier.

@C0mbe: The circuit topography may be the same in the resmed converters; but the plug for the blower unit is different among the S8, S9, and 10 generation machines. One must have the correct converter. The 10 series needs ResMed part number 37297.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2017, 10:09 PM)justMongo Wrote: The question in the OP is how to turn off the heater & humidifier.

Request the clinician manual via email by following the exact instructions at this link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
You must specify your exact model machine.  It will tell you how to turn off the  heater & humidifier.

@C0mbe:  The circuit topography may be the same in the resmed converters; but the plug for the blower unit is different among the S8, S9, and 10 generation machines.  One must have the correct converter.  The 10 series needs ResMed part number 37297.

You are absolutely correct, that was probably my least helpful post.  Sorry about that.  I can actually answer the humidifier question (mainly because I know my manual):

There are two ways two turn of the humidifier and heat: 

(1) go into the menu and turn the humidifier to 0.  
(2) place the unit in airplane mode.  

Both of these are suggested by Resmed as means to turn off the humidifier on the 10 series.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for so many thoughtful suggestions to both my questions and useful info. i have now updated my profile.

i have a wonderful resmed 10 air curve s bi-pap. i love this machine. i had a difficult time with the 25, 8 series. i was always pulling the mask off in my sleep. now i sleep like a baby averaging over 7 hours per night with 4 to 6 events. my life and character have changed: relaxed, no more need for cafine ie coffee.

i will be buying one of the battery unit , which can be topped off with solar. the resmed adapter for 12 volts will plug right into the battery or solar charger unit.

my next major hurricane outage will have me with bi-pap, fans, lights, a 12 volt mini refrig---all the comforts and best of all a great night of solid restful sleep.

thanks again

bob in miami
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, battery power.....

On second thought, no.

I've already said enough.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 127 1 hour ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,700 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.