Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] reviews of Resmed S9 AutoSet vs. DeVilbiss IntelliPap AutoAdjust
RE: reviews of Resmed S9 AutoSet vs. DeVilbiss IntelliPap AutoAdjust
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm going to try to "wake it up" anyway ;-)

Sleeprunner:

how is your experience evolving? Huh

I currently use an S9 but have been attracted to the Intellipap for camping and motorcycle travel due to it's compact size and the fact that it does not need any external brick for either 120V or 12V DC operation.

Your experience was the first I have read regarding differences in detection algorithms...

I think I tend to snore when experiencing events, but am not sure ...

any suggestions from the group would be most appreciated.

I had to drop $500+ on an Intellipap to find that it would work for me
(although some websites do seem to offer a 10-day money back guarantee...)

Thanks,
jim

Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad this thread was revived, as a user of an intellipap standard plus (not even the auto) I have (since joining here) noticed that just about everyone seems to opt for the S9, or something better.

I recently discovered that there is the option to get the SmartLink for my machine but can't decide if it's worth the extra money, seeing as how the information it provides is limited, compared to these newer models.

I have a physical coming up with my GP and am planning on having a discussion with him on the subject. I am fortunate in FINALLY having a doctor that takes the time to listen to my concerns and cares about my input towards my treatment.

Even so I wanted to ask you folks on here about some options. I can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on a machine, but at the same time this is a life long journey and I want to find that happy medium where I am able to have as much control and information on my treatment and results as possible.

My OSA falls in the milder to medium range and from everything I read here so far, I believe an APAP would be the best type of machine for me. The 2 machines I have narrowed down, considering all the factors above are;

AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir Heated Humidifier

OR

The S9 AutoSet CPAP Machine

Of course I am open for other suggestions (sorry to hijack the thread)
"I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Post Reply Post Reply
My condition is moderate as well, and the s9 has been fine for me.
When traveling I leave the bulky s9 humidifier unit at home and just use the in-line HME things.

I've not seen the s10 side-by-side with the s9, but think the s10 is bulkier, and likely more expensive.
Not sure if the humidifier is detachable...
If you don't travel much size is not a big deal...

I can't comment on the Resmed-gold-standard vs. other-brands-not-so-hot debate ... because that's what I'm trying to figure out ....

i.e. would I notice a drop in sleep-quality going to the IntelliPap ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply

Before I bought my current camera for a month used the CPAP SleepCube AUTO company DeVilbiss. I have a mild form of OSA. During its use the best AHI was 7, usually between 10-12. From the first day I started using ResMed AIRSENSE 10 once within half a year I had AHI - 6. Average of the first half is AHI 0.8. Absolutely not regret buying the more expensive the camera. In my case, it works much better than DeVilbiss. Definitely better sleep, usually sleeps all night without waking and getting up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2016, 12:01 PM)SeriousJoker Wrote: The 2 machines I have narrowed down, considering all the factors above are;

OR

Both ResMed machines, share the same algorithm and central apnea detection
Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her report RERAs
Some members said the later models of the regular AutoSet, now also report RERAs but still "for Her' is a better investment for same price

I've used both, if have to pick one, S9 AutoSet, because the humidifier is not built-ins and some people reported noise issues to do with AirSense 10 water tank, not fitting correctly or something like that
Check prices http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
S9 AutoSet is good buy at the moment as been discontinued

This only my opinion among many others Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2016, 04:40 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 12:01 PM)SeriousJoker Wrote: The 2 machines I have narrowed down, considering all the factors above are;

OR

Both ResMed machines, share the same algorithm and central apnea detection
Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her report RERAs
Some members said the later models of the regular AutoSet, now also report RERAs but still "for Her' is a better investment for same price

I've used both, if have to pick one, S9 AutoSet, because the humidifier is not built-ins and some people reported noise issues to do with AirSense 10 water tank, not fitting correctly or something like that
Check prices http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
S9 AutoSet is good buy at the moment as been discontinued

This only my opinion among many others Coffee

Awesome! Thank you for your input Smile - I had looked at another popular site & they were both the same price ($834)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have them both. The S-9 is a decent machine, but I would take an Intellipap over the S-9 any day. As a matter of fact, S-9's been sitting on the shelf unused. The Intellipap gets a daily workout. I think it's built better and it is easier to use with battery. Far easier. Way far easier.

For the most part, I couldn't care less about data. Only look a couple of times a year - but I could get by with what the Intellipap give in its native state without the module for that. But if you are a data junkie, you would need the module for the two to be comparable.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both a Resmed S9 Autoset which I used in both Apap and Cpap therapies and a PR Remstar 461P Cpap machine and have consigned my Autoset to the wardrobe as back up as I consistently get better AHI results [Sleepyhead] with the PR machine.....and the PR is also quieter than the Resmed to my ears anyhow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2016, 10:41 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I have them both. The S-9 is a decent machine, but I would take an Intellipap over the S-9 any day. As a matter of fact, S-9's been sitting on the shelf unused. The Intellipap gets a daily workout. I think it's built better and it is easier to use with battery. Far easier. Way far easier.

For the most part, I couldn't care less about data. Only look a couple of times a year - but I could get by with what the Intellipap give in its native state without the module for that. But if you are a data junkie, you would need the module for the two to be comparable.

OMMOHY

Interesting, I get data from my Itellipap via smart codes which I then enter onto their website. Gives me AHI, leak rates, non obstructive index & exhale puff index. I am not sure if that's enough data.

I am not necessary a data junkie but it seems everyone around here place great emphasis on detailed information.

As I mentioned on another post, I was excited to find out my AHI alone because at least I know if the therapy is effective or not.

I haven't looked at the results from last night, but it was the first night since being back on the CPAP that I not only slept like a rock but woke up feeling very rested.

Thanks like
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2016, 11:37 AM)SeriousJoker Wrote: Interesting, I get data from my Itellipap via smart codes which I then enter onto their website. Gives me AHI, leak rates, non obstructive index & exhale puff index. I am not sure if that's enough data.

I am not necessary a data junkie but it seems everyone around here place great emphasis on detailed information.

As I mentioned on another post, I was excited to find out my AHI alone because at least I know if the therapy is effective or not.

I haven't looked at the results from last night, but it was the first night since being back on the CPAP that I not only slept like a rock but woke up feeling very rested.

Thanks like

And for most folk, that's probably more than enough, most of the time.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 495 5 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 487 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,242 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 596 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 689 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.