Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Wisp
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 4-20 auto
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: same part breaks on Philips Wisp frame
(02-24-2016 08:22 PM)parkerdt Wrote:  At what interval are you replacing your frame? The Fabric frame seems to last very well, and I've not seen any indications of a problem around the hose attachment point. Not sure why your experience is so different, as I am also a very active sleeper. What do you think is the cause?

When I got started with CPAP a year ago, there was no indication from the provider that the frames had a limited lifespan of only a few months. The two I've had so far lasted an average of six months each. The cause? I can only speculate. Even after trying difference sizes for the pillow, it remains highly prone to "blow out" from the air pressure. I wake up at least four times a night and have to re-seat it. Possibly the re-seating places stress on the one section that has broken.
02-25-2016 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mutineer Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PR RemStar Pro w/C-Flex
Mask Make & Model: PR Wisp
Humidifier: Attached Humidifier & Heated Tube
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(02-25-2016 04:54 PM)okieman Wrote:  When I got started with CPAP a year ago, there was no indication from the provider that the frames had a limited lifespan of only a few months. The two I've had so far lasted an average of six months each. The cause? I can only speculate. Even after trying difference sizes for the pillow, it remains highly prone to "blow out" from the air pressure. I wake up at least four times a night and have to re-seat it. Possibly the re-seating places stress on the one section that has broken.

I'm far from an expert but is your pressure range really set at 4 - 20?

Can't say I've noticed any other users on here with such a wide difference in pressures when using APAP machines?

Could this be contributing to your "blow out" problem?
02-26-2016 09:06 AM
okieman Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9

Other Comments:

(02-26-2016 09:06 AM)Mutineer Wrote:  I'm far from an expert but is your pressure range really set at 4 - 20? ... Could this be contributing to your "blow out" problem?

The device itself has a range of 4-20 if I remember correctly. I've set my nightly pressure to around 14. I'm away from the house so I don't have the exact number. (I need to edit my forum profile, since I'm no longer using the "auto" setting for pressure.)
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 03:23 PM by okieman.)
02-26-2016 03:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(02-26-2016 03:21 PM)okieman Wrote:  The device itself has a range of 4-20 if I remember correctly. I've set my nightly pressure to around 14. I'm away from the house so I don't have the exact number. (I need to edit my forum profile, since I'm no longer using the "auto" setting for pressure.)

In addition to the observations made by others, if your S9 is the Autoset model it is data-capable, so you can view your data yourself in the free SleepyHead software. I strongly urge you to do so. Being able to see your data will make a huge difference in the efficacy of the therapy, believe me.
02-26-2016 10:06 PM
okieman Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9

Other Comments:

(02-26-2016 10:06 PM)JJJ Wrote:  Being able to see your data will make a huge difference in the efficacy of the therapy, believe me.

I tried SleepyHead when this all first started and was impressed. But I uninstalled it, because I have too many tasks involving computers. Software overload! Can you give me an example of how accessing the data can help? Smile
02-27-2016 12:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moisture in My Wisp nasal mask Genetini 3 93 12-05-2016 10:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  failure to record 2nd part of night Beej 10 284 12-03-2016 02:08 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  philips remstar auto a-flex skylersdad 2 167 11-29-2016 05:47 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,305 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  [Equipment] airsense 10 with philips dreamweaver mask abrun7 4 230 11-15-2016 05:27 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Ever try to call Philips Respironics for tech support? old dude 9 5,076 11-14-2016 12:27 AM
Last Post: Md Hoq
  Philips system one noisy jpsantell 2 266 10-29-2016 10:54 AM
Last Post: robysue