Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] same part breaks on Philips Wisp frame
RE: same part breaks on Philips Wisp frame
(02-24-2016, 08:22 PM)parkerdt Wrote: At what interval are you replacing your frame? The Fabric frame seems to last very well, and I've not seen any indications of a problem around the hose attachment point. Not sure why your experience is so different, as I am also a very active sleeper. What do you think is the cause?

When I got started with CPAP a year ago, there was no indication from the provider that the frames had a limited lifespan of only a few months. The two I've had so far lasted an average of six months each. The cause? I can only speculate. Even after trying difference sizes for the pillow, it remains highly prone to "blow out" from the air pressure. I wake up at least four times a night and have to re-seat it. Possibly the re-seating places stress on the one section that has broken.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2016, 04:54 PM)okieman Wrote: When I got started with CPAP a year ago, there was no indication from the provider that the frames had a limited lifespan of only a few months. The two I've had so far lasted an average of six months each. The cause? I can only speculate. Even after trying difference sizes for the pillow, it remains highly prone to "blow out" from the air pressure. I wake up at least four times a night and have to re-seat it. Possibly the re-seating places stress on the one section that has broken.

I'm far from an expert but is your pressure range really set at 4 - 20?

Can't say I've noticed any other users on here with such a wide difference in pressures when using APAP machines?

Could this be contributing to your "blow out" problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2016, 09:06 AM)Mutineer Wrote: I'm far from an expert but is your pressure range really set at 4 - 20? ... Could this be contributing to your "blow out" problem?

The device itself has a range of 4-20 if I remember correctly. I've set my nightly pressure to around 14. I'm away from the house so I don't have the exact number. (I need to edit my forum profile, since I'm no longer using the "auto" setting for pressure.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2016, 03:21 PM)okieman Wrote: The device itself has a range of 4-20 if I remember correctly. I've set my nightly pressure to around 14. I'm away from the house so I don't have the exact number. (I need to edit my forum profile, since I'm no longer using the "auto" setting for pressure.)

In addition to the observations made by others, if your S9 is the Autoset model it is data-capable, so you can view your data yourself in the free SleepyHead software. I strongly urge you to do so. Being able to see your data will make a huge difference in the efficacy of the therapy, believe me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2016, 10:06 PM)JJJ Wrote: Being able to see your data will make a huge difference in the efficacy of the therapy, believe me.

I tried SleepyHead when this all first started and was impressed. But I uninstalled it, because I have too many tasks involving computers. Software overload! Can you give me an example of how accessing the data can help? Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,823 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,608 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,044 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,068 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 301 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.