Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] sancho - Resmed AS10 Questions
sancho - Resmed AS10 Questions
I am a first-time user of CPAP.
I have used my Airsense 10 yesterday (I just learned what a brick is, and that my CPAP is one such, but that is a separate story).

I found it somewhat noisy. Still have to identify a few aspects of this (if the noise is louder when inhaling/exhaling, deep breaths, etc.)

I also have to download an android app to measure the noise level.
This is a task on its own... checking for an app that does the job, without requiring ridiculous permissions as it is often the case, check if calibration is available and how to do it, etc.

My questions are:

1. Is there any recommendation on how to evaluate the noise level, to determine if there is any point in contacting the healthcare provider for a possible exchange? (CPAP was fully covered).

2. How frequent is that, even for devices that work as good (or bad) as they are, with the noise level within specs, people find it quite annoying?

Related
1. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...irsense-10
DME LINK REMOVED.  Search:  The CpapShop

Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
sancho - Resmed AS10 Questions
I have just been handed a prescription based AirSense 10 (fully covered by the healthcare provider).

I only now learned what a brick is, and that my CPAP is one such.

I wonder if there is any reasoning that I could use to:

1. Go to the doctor who wrote the prescription and get a new prescription specifying Elite, or else (within the "Data logger"=Non-Brick category, or whatever is the usual description for that).
 I know it would be hard for a doctor to replace his own prescription (even in the hypothetical case he admitted to have overlooked this point, still have to discuss this with him), a few months old, that is why I come here for suggestions.

2. Go to the healthcare and get a trade-in.
 Same as above.

I live abroad, so healthcare systems may differ, but any idea is welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the AirSense S10?
I have seen descriptions for models: AirSense 10, AirSense 10 Elite, AirSense 10 Autoset, AirSense 10 Autoset for her.
But in some other places I see AirSense S10.
What model is that?
I guess it is the same as AirSense 10, but I could not find authoritative information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Data privacy - How to tell if info is shared?
I just received my AirSense 10.

Is there any way to tell:

1. If my device has a Sim card.

2. If it is actually transmitting my data.

I live in Argentina, so knowledge specific to USA may not apply.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sancho - Resmed AS10 Questions
S10 is the group of pap machines. It is like a Honda but there are a high amount of models (cars, trucks, motorcycle, jet skis, generator…). You want a ResMed S10 autoset. The key word is autoset.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2021, 03:06 PM)staceyburke Wrote: S10 is the group of pap machines. It is like a Honda but there are a high amount of models (cars, trucks, motorcycle, jet skis, generator…). You want a ResMed S10 autoset. The key word is autoset.

I understand.

Do you know what are the specific differences between AirSense 10 and AirSense S10?

Do you know what are the specific differences between AirSense 10 Autoset and AirSense S10 Autoset (I didn't see this last model, but if you say that exists...)?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
>>> specific differences between AirSense 10 and AirSense S10

They are different names for the same thing. ResMed used to just call their machines Series 8 and Series 9. The Series 10 became the AirSense 10, and now there is an AirSense 11.

There never was a Series 10 named device, hence no S10.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no "S10"; there is just the AirSense 10.

The previous product lines were S8 and S9. Some people (incorrectly) call the AirSense 10 the S10, but that is not its real name. It is also sometimes referred to as the A10 or AS10, but those are just abbreviations that have become popular.

There are fourAirSense 10 models: CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, and AutoSet for Her. The "CPAP" model is called a "brick" because it doesn't capture any detailed data. The other models do capture detailed data. The CPAP and Elite models are fixed pressure machines while the AutoSet models can auto adjust pressure as needed.

All four models have an SD card slot. As you look at the machine, there are three doors on the left side panel -- one towards the back is for the air filter. One towards the front and at the top covers the SD card slot. The door towards the bottom on the left side is used to connect the rarely used (because it is so expensive), ResMed oximeter.

The model is shown on the front panel in the lower right corner. What does yours say?

I don't know how insurance works in Argentina, but in the US, one HPCS prescription code covers all four models so which model you get is either your choice or the doctor's prescription choice. The cost to the insurance company is the same for any of the four models. In the US, you might well be able to go back to the supplier and ask to exchange it for an Autoset.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2021, 09:39 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: There is no "S10"; there is just the AirSense 10.

The previous product lines were S8 and S9. Some people (incorrectly) call the AirSense 10 the S10, but that is not its real name. It is also sometimes referred to as the A10 or AS10, but those are just abbreviations that have become popular.

There are fourAirSense 10 models: CPAP, Elite, AutoSet, and AutoSet for Her. The "CPAP" model is called a "brick" because it doesn't capture any detailed data. The other models do capture detailed data. The CPAP and Elite models are fixed pressure machines while the AutoSet models can auto adjust pressure as needed.

All four models have an SD card slot. As you look at the machine, there are three doors on the left side panel -- one towards the back is for the air filter. One towards the front and at the top covers the SD card slot. The door towards the bottom on the left side is used to connect the rarely used (because it is so expensive), ResMed oximeter.

The model is shown on the front panel in the lower right corner. What does yours say?

I don't know how insurance works in Argentina, but in the US, one HPCS prescription code covers all four models so which model you get is either your choice or the doctor's prescription choice. The cost to the insurance company is the same for any of the four models. In the US, you might well be able to go back to the supplier and ask to exchange it for an Autoset.

I have an AirSense 10 CPAP.

I will check then how easy is to get a replacement.
As I understand things now, a brick might be useful to alleviate/eliminate apneas, but without the data logging there is no way to know. Which, given that the technology for logging exists, makes the bricks a no-go.

Do you know about the question on Sim card-Data transmission?

And about the evaluation of the noise level?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no SIM card as such in the G3 and G4 modems. All the SIM card data is stored in the modem ship memory.

If the modem is connecting to the cellular network, there will be a set of vertical bars making a triangle, representing the signal strength. If you have a circle with a line through it (like my CDMA modem), it is not connecting to anything.

In addition, if you click on 'My Options' on you machine, then scroll all the way down to 'About', then scroll all the way down again to 'Internal Modem', you can see the provider, the service, and the signal strength.

If you can access the 'My Air' app for your phone in your country, and it shows you a sleep rating, then your machine is sending its data. If you can't get 'My Air', then it doesn't matter if it is sending (and it probably isn't).

From the User's Guide (I think there's a typo in there):
Code:
Sound
Pressure level measured according to ISO 17510-1:2007 (CPAP mode):
SlimLine:
26.6 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA
Standard:
26.6 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA
Power level measured according to ISO 17510-1:2007 (CPAP mode):
SlimLine:
34.6 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA
Standard:
34.6 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA
Mine is very quiet, whichever number is right.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 96 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,337 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Best way to use two ResMed AS10's TommySnores 3 192 02-29-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: TommySnores
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.