Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] second mask script
Question 
second mask script
Is it possible to get a second script for a second mask? i want to have my AirFit N10 for backup and dont have the money to buy a AirFit P10.
ThanksSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: second mask script
Your first script should be valid for any other. Ask your doc or the supplier for a copy of it. You'll probably not get a copy of the actual script, but a "medical necessity" form. That's what you need. Make a copy of it for your files.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
the main reason im asking is because my DME said i had to give up my current mask to get another.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2015, 07:31 PM)shadowfx78 Wrote: the main reason im asking is because my DME said i had to give up my current mask to get another.

Why would you need to do that? You have the right to purchase a second mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont have the money to outright buy a mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most insurance will only buy one mask every 6 months. If you cannot purchase one out of pocket you will just have to wait, it won't make any difference if you have a prescription or not.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
ok thanks for that information mike1953 I didnt know that
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2015, 07:04 PM)shadowfx78 Wrote: Is it possible to get a second script for a second mask? i want to have my AirFit N10 for backup and dont have the money to buy a AirFit P10.
ThanksSleep-well

shadowfx78,
Is your insurance paying for your mask? If so, they are not going to pay for more than one mask at a time. That is why the DME said you would have to return one.
It has nothing to do with getting a second script. Your original script is sufficient.

Check with your insurance on mask replacement schedule, some are at 6 months and some at 3 months.

The DME should give you a 30 day trial. If you want to try the P10, then you will have to return the N10 before the 30 days is up.

When you are in a position to purchase a second mask, don't buy from your DME.
You will pay too much. Check some online suppliers.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Neither my DME nor my sons (nor my father's for that matter) ever take back a mask, even if they "swap" it out for another! They can't do much with it (hence the reluctance - they have to make money somehow)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME cleans and re-uses masks that have been returned during the trial period. After trying several masks after I started treatment, I finally chose the one that provided the best fit and comfort. They had me return that mask and replaced it with a new one that was new and sealed in a package. They explained that they clean and sterilize the retuned masks and use them for trial use.

The ones I tried were always clean and fresh. I have no idea if that is a common practice.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,748 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Sleep MD won't give script for CPAP Setup mpiperlcpc 10 1,892 02-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,093 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.