Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] sleep appliance
sleep appliance
Recently saw an advertisement for a sleep appliance backed up by the American Sleep Dentistry.  They claim its FDA approved and can replace my bi-pap machine.  Has anyone had any experiences with sleep appliance?   Are they safe to use? I looked back at previous posts and they were from 2012 2014 so I wanted to see if anyone can offer new information.   Thank you for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleep appliance
The only thing I know about it is what I've read here. Most of what I've read is not good for the dental appliances.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Search for "dental appliance" and you will find lots of recent threads. 

The bottom line is that they are only partially effective and result in permanent bite changes.  They are better than nothing if (a) they work for your anatomy and (b) you absolutely cannot tolerate CPAP/BiPAP etc.  *PAP machines are the gold standard in treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2017, 02:10 PM)jlgood2 Wrote: Recently saw an advertisement for a sleep appliance backed up by the American Sleep Dentistry.  They claim its FDA approved and can replace my bi-pap machine.  Has anyone had any experiences with sleep appliance?   Are they safe to use? I looked back at previous posts and they were from 2012 2014 so I wanted to see if anyone can offer new information.   Thank you for your time.

Also, look at the bottom of the page “possibly related threads.”
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could be the Inspire therapy that uses electronic stimulation to keep the airway open. This device requires a minor surgical implant.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jlgood2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CPAP therapy is the gold standard for sleep apnea.
Are you having trouble with machine settings or getting used to it?
I wish you good luck on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 203 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 224 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question CPAP "Mouth Only" Appliance? GrantT 4 490 11-16-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,417 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  CPAP + Oral Appliance = Leaks DoktorSpengler 0 331 08-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: DoktorSpengler
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 835 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.