Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] software
software
I'm new to sleep apnea equipment. I have a machine from the Veterans Administration and they haven't answered all of my questions concerning it.
For one thing they don't want to give me a copy of my prescription for it? From what I understand I can't get other equipment on my own without one. Is this true? The VA seems to want to keep everything in house.

My machine came with a SD card inserted. If I down load software to read it, will it erase if I use it? I wouldn't want to disturbed it, as I have to bring it on my first follow up visit. How long does the SD card record? I've been using it for a month and the SD card info on the machine still says 100%?

Also, are there any pilots out there? I will be reporting things for my future
medical. I realize I'm grounded until I do.

regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: software
(01-05-2014, 11:27 AM)navy veteran 1968 Wrote: My machine came with a SD card inserted. If I down load software to read it, will it erase if I use it?

Hi Navy. Welcome to the struggle. I have a different device but have removed the SD card daily, inserted it into my computer, uploaded it to SleepyHead and returned the card to my ResMed S9 AutoSet with no issue.

(01-05-2014, 11:27 AM)navy veteran 1968 Wrote: Also, are there any pilots out there? I will be reporting things for my future

I'm an ex US Air Force pilot but didn't stay for retirement. I flew for an airline until I fell off the senority list and eventually retired from a corporate systems analyst job. The VA won't do anything for me. I tried to get hearing aids through the VA because my hearing loss is clearly from flying the C124 but they told me it could as easily be from lawnmowers and chainsaws.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2014, 11:27 AM)navy veteran 1968 Wrote: I'm new to sleep apnea equipment. I have a machine from the Veterans Administration and they haven't answered all of my questions concerning it.
For one thing they don't want to give me a copy of my prescription for it? From what I understand I can't get other equipment on my own without one. Is this true? The VA seems to want to keep everything in house.

My machine came with a SD card inserted. If I down load software to read it, will it erase if I use it? I wouldn't want to disturbed it, as I have to bring it on my first follow up visit. How long does the SD card record? I've been using it for a month and the SD card info on the machine still says 100%?

Also, are there any pilots out there? I will be reporting things for my future

regards

your prescription is a part of your medical records and they have to give you a copy of your prescription upon request. The problem is, that the VA does what they want to do when they want to and how they want to. It is a hard battle with the government. I would keep trying to get a copy of the prescription. You are not required to get your treatment at the VA if you choose not to and they are supposed to give you your medical records. My father retired from the navy and was a pilot, engineer and an attorney (Purdue) but I don't know if he has any trouble with the VA but it is pretty crappie that service people are treated this way.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi navy veteran 1968,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions on software and how to get your prescription.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There will be data on the data card. Mine says 100% space available but has about 3 weeks worth of data on it. You won't erase its data by downloading it into SleepyHead or Encore Viewer to view it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi navy veteran 1968
What JimZZZ and Surly said, just don,t do what I did, forgetting to put the card back in the machine after downloading
Absent-minded I,m Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to power the unit down before removing SD card by holding the on/off button down until it goes completely dark. Then flip the little lock switch toward the back end of the card to protect it. Revere the procedure when you put it back in. That should keep everything in tact.

I'm also a Navy vet, got out in 1970. Spent the whole time in Hawaii, never touched a ship. It was tough duty. Welcome aboard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a hint...
Before you insert your SD card into your PC flip the switch on your SD card to "Lock" than after downloading your data "Unlock" your SD card and reinsert into your machine.

The software will be able to read your data but not be able to erase any.

Take care.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2014, 06:24 AM)Bompa Wrote: Just a hint...
Before you insert your SD card into your PC flip the switch on your SD card to "Lock" than after downloading your data "Unlock" your SD card and reinsert into your machine.

The software will be able to read your data but not be able to erase any.

Take care.
Coffee

What Bompa said. Lolabove
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2014, 11:27 AM)navy veteran 1968 Wrote: Also, are there any pilots out there? I will be reporting things for my future
regards
Former rotary wing here. I don't know how your apnea will affect your medical cert. If that's your only problem and you show compliance with therapy, I would assume you'd be good to go.

I'm permanently grounded and the Federal Air Surgeon said, "No only No, but, Heck No."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,077 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,194 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.