Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Travel Report
Travel Report
Just returned from a 12-day river cruise in Russia. The flights included going through airports in in our home city plus Seattle, Amsterdam, Moscow and St. Petersburg. This was my first CPAP trip abroad and I took my backup machine, a RemStar Pro M and left my ResMed S9 Autoset at home.

Traveling with the CPAP was no problem. It was obvious security people see a lot of machines as mine didn't get a second look except I had to open the case when we came BACK into the country in Seattle. And no one questioned me having the CPAP and a regular carry on bag.

The machine functioned perfectly on 220 volts -- all I needed was a plug adapter, the RemStar power supply automatically shifted to the higher voltage (almost every electrical appliance made today does).

Turned out I didn't have to use the humidifier at all as the humidity was pretty high throughout the trip (being on a boat). At home the humidifier is a must.

The 10-hour time difference causes some fairly serious jet lag but I felt the CPAP made it easier to sleep. In addition it made it easier to breath at night when I came down with a cold midway through the trip.

When I started CPAP in June I planned to leave it home for the trip because I thought taking it would be a hassle. But when the time came I decided I wouldn't be comfortable without it and, in fact, I think it actually made the trip more enjoyable.

Just thought some other newbys out there might get some info from my experience,
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Travel Report
Good! Sounds like you had some fun, too.

I'm glad you didn't meet any security hassles. Was the routine the same? Take it out of the bag?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,671 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 669 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 169 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 174 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.