Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI Got Worse after I got my own machine
RE: AHI Got Worse after I got my own machine
I am back everyone Smile

Been using a Soft Cervical Collar for about a month now, and AHI has been varying between 2.0 and 5+ (Please see attached screen shots)

Can someone please read the data and let me know if there are any areas of concern?

And btw, the Dreamwear Hybrid Mask I use starts leaking when the pressure gets high; and the noise keeps waking me up. Is there any other mask which can provide a better seal at higher pressures?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Both charts have clusters of snores and obstructive events, so the collar is not adequately supporting your jaw. There really is not a correlation between pressure and leaks, however any mask that uses tubes along the side of your face will be louder when pressure increases. Both Resmed and Innomed have hybrid masks with front connectors.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, I am back with more questions  Too-funny

The cervical collar didn't seem to help much, and I decided to see if a different mask will help. I got the F20 and Vitera to trial, and used them both for 4-5 days at a stretch. Both seemed to much better than the Philips Dreamwear FF I  bought. However, I am unable to decide between the Vitera and F20, and was hoping that you folks can help me choose on based on data. I have attached a screenshot with notations on when I used each mask, will appreciate if someone can take a look and let me know which one helped me the most.

Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks appear lower with Vitera, and efficacy is comparable. Either one seems to be working better, so go for comfort. Which one feels best?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 08:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leaks appear lower with Vitera, and efficacy is comparable.  Either one seems to be working better, so go for comfort.  Which one feels best?

The Vitera feels the best, but it is noisy compared to the F20. The quick release on the F20 is another point in its favour.

Which one is more popular in this forum?
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the mask reviews section. I'm sure there is something there. I don't use either of these masks and don't have an opinion other than the F20 has been notable for fit and comfort problems.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Vitera and F20. Vitera wins due to light strap tension to control leaks well. The vent is fairly strong and some may call it noisy. I don't mind it.

Easy to adjust, comfortable and light. F20 was always needing adjusting, fighting to keep the leaks down. Just go for the Vitera, you'll call it a keeper soon enough.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 08:18 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I have the Vitera and F20. Vitera wins due to light strap tension to control leaks well. The vent is fairly strong and some may call it noisy. I don't mind it.

Easy to adjust, comfortable and light. F20 was always needing adjusting, fighting to keep the leaks down. Just go for the Vitera, you'll call it a keeper soon enough.

Thanks, I was coming to the same conclusion too. The additional head strap for stability is what got my attention. While the Vitera was the most noisy among the 3 masks I tried, it was not bad enough to disturb my sleep.

What mask resistance should I set on the Dreamstation Go for the Vitera mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
If the resistance setting is similar to regular DreamStation's, I think there's 0 or off, something like that. The DreamStation resistance is on only for Respironics masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 11:21 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: If the resistance setting is similar to regular DreamStation's, I think there's 0 or off, something like that. The DreamStation resistance is on only for Respironics masks.

Ok thanks, there is an "off" option on the Go too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 235 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 182 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 588 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,991 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.