Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] transferring settings from PR unit to Resmed unit
transferring settings from PR unit to Resmed unit
The Respironics System One cpap unit that I've been using for a long time (11,700 hours on the blower) is on the recall list. I am switching over to a used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. With the old setup I've had good results, using a nasal mask and taping my mouth, with average AHI under 1.0

In clinical settings on the new unit I entered the same auto pressure settings (ipap 16, epap 8) that I had on the old unit. But on my first night using the Airsense, my checks were puffing out and sleep was disrupted. I am wondering why the same pressure settings are not translating well between the two units. Should I be lowering the ipap and/or epap pressure settings on the new unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: transferring settings from PR unit to Resmed unit
You probably had the flex on the old machine. ResMed does not call it the same thing. It is the EPR. Set your EPR to 3 and you should be about the same as your old one.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post a screenshot of your night from OSCAR. I want to be sure which Model you have.
You said AutoSet but the pressure settings are those of a BiLevel with PS=8 which is likely too high.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that clarification. Pressures of 8-16 are the autoset lower and upper limits, not bipap pressure settings. Screenshot attached. Any insights most appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Limits are driving your pressure up, we will limit your high but for now
set Min Pressure = 7
Set EPR = 3, this is a therapeutic value and flex, in this role, has no comparison.
These settings should help the flow limits
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 319 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Adaptive servo-ventilation unit vs APAP Comfortcomposites 9 536 12-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,063 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 514 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.