Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] travel & no hydro
travel & no hydro
Hi all

Both my hubbie and I have OSA and currently use a fisher & Paykel Primo cpap machine with heated thermo smart hose.

We would like to be able to go camping and use our machines without hydro.
How can we use them with the heat and humidification off of a battery.
We have tried a marine battery and inverter but with both machines on it will only last apprx. 4 hrs.

When we have tried at home to have just the air pressure on without heat & humidification we both end up feeling like we have a sinus cold him worse than me but as nights go on that we do this consecutively it gets far worse.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Reinny2
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: travel & no hydro
There is a recent thread about battery power that you can search for (I will see if I can find it) but I suspect you need a battery for each machine OR you can rent a space in an RV park that has electricity.

Look at truckerdad57 posts. I think he wrote one about batteries and I think SuperSleeper wrote one about being prepared during outages.

That is all I can think of as we don't camp out in the forest/mountains; we just don't get along with black bears
Post Reply Post Reply
For humidity try using the HME's, Heat Moisture Exchangers which are sold for the Z1. They are $6 each and can last up to 14 days. I cannot use a cpap without humidity and I use these 4 out of 7 nights virtually every week.

Google "Z1 HME"

Of course, try them at home first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another option is to try the "passover" method. This is where you put water in the tank but no heat.

If you are running two machines, heat or not, from one battery, you aren't going to get much time. The inverter wastes power, too.

Read through this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-goes-out

It's long but will have the information you need.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Reinny2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,675 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel ASV morningstar 5 776 10-26-2023, 10:22 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Solution for the AirMini Travel Noise JimIve 33 27,087 10-17-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: tj1616

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.