Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] trouble moving from RemStar Auto to AirSense 10
RE: trouble moving from RemStar Auto to AirSense 10
Here is last nights numbers for the RemStat. Feels good.

So, now I'd like some thoughts on settings for the AirSense 10, which will be my primary machine. Given that the 7-9 works well on the RemStar should I start with that on the AirSense? Given that they work differently I'm open to suggestions. Thanks again to everyone.

[Image: flnJuIn.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The dreamstation is slow to respond, As Dave said, I would also raise the min to 8 and see the effect on the H/hypopnea. I would lift the max to 12, to get it out of the way for now, but I would assume in sleepyhead the nightly max will still be under 10
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2017, 04:12 PM)ajack Wrote: The dreamstation is slow to respond, As Dave said, I would also raise the min to 8 and see the effect on the H/hypopnea. I would lift the max to 12, to get it out of the way for now, but I would assume in sleepyhead the nightly max will still be under 10

ajack, thanks. i am using the AirSense 10 and you reference the Dreamstation... does your rec remain the same?

Thanks!

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
jim.evo Wrote:Here is last nights numbers for the RemStat. Feels good.
Your SleepyHead image shows a Philips-Respironics System One being used, thus the confusion.   To answer your question; Resmed's algorithm is faster to respond to OA's and Hypopneas than a P-R so a higher starting pressure is not always needed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, same thing, raise your min pressure a bit.
sorry about the machine mix up. the Philips system one also have the saw tooth spikes to check the algorithm and is also slow. It will still work fine, but it has to be closer to the 95%
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
As Dave Paulson said, you want to reduce your hypopneas so raise the min to at least 8.5. I'd do this on the Resmed as well. As was also mentioned, raise the max pressure. 12 was suggested which is quite OK looking at your SH data but it won't make any difference if you go higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings everyone. So after success with the RemStar I'm now wanting to get the AirSense 10 to work. I'm uploading last nights stats (I know several nights are helpful and will do so). My biggest issue last night however was something I have not had happen before (that I remember). At one point the machine was pulsating air into my mask... my wife heard it as well, woke me up. I know at one point I was sleeping on my back, something I try to avoid - but I don't know if that was the case when this happened.

Initially the pressure felt fine but actually didn't feel as strong as the RemStar. RemStar is 7-9, which seems to work well. I set the AirSense at 8-15 based on the suggestions here and reduced the EPR to 1. Other than the pulsating situation it seemed to work fine. My mask is working well and I don't think I'm doing any mouth breathing (in part because this has not been in issue on the RemStart and because I'm not noticing either when I wake).

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jim

[Image: fXgPQ0H.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure pulses (called FOTs on Resmeds - can't remember what it stands for) are a part of the Resmed system. When I first experienced them on an S9 I wondered what was going on. It's the Resmed way of distinguishing the difference between an OA and a CA. I soon learnt to ignore them. If they didn't wake you then they aren't a problem but then again they did wake your wife. They were quite gentle when I experienced them, just strange.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-29-2017, 04:22 AM)holden4th Wrote: The pressure pulses (called FOTs on Resmeds - can't remember what it stands for) are a part of the Resmed system. When I first experienced them on an S9 I wondered what was going on. It's the Resmed way of distinguishing the difference between an OA and a CA. I soon learnt to ignore them. If they didn't wake you then they aren't a problem but then again they did wake your wife. They were quite gentle when I experienced them, just strange.

Thanks holden... last night was more of the same, woke my wife and myself... and my stats show a large leak, which I think I felt. I wonder if that is when the "noise" starts?.I had moved the levels 8-15 to 7-9 to match the RemStar and turned off the EPR. At about 0137 it shows a leak and my pressure maxing out afor most of the rest of the night.

I've read on other threads that this "pulsing" may be a known issue with the AirSense. One person did better with EPR of 3.

Thinking of moving to 7-10 on pressure and EPR of 3.

I'm also wondering about the mask? Yet I don't have the same issues on the RemStar.

Thoughts anyone?

[Image: tZdvzBP.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim, I think I'd turn EPR back on since that is going to help with hypopnea and RERA, but you need to increase minimum pressure to compensate and hopefully tighten things up.

I kind of kind of like 9-14 with EPR at 2 for you. I can go into a rationale, but that's where I'm at.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,868 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 598 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 234 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.