Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] trouble moving from RemStar Auto to AirSense 10
RE: trouble moving from RemStar Auto to AirSense 10
well still can't get the images up, not enough posts :-(. let's see if this will meet the requirements....
Post Reply Post Reply
Until the software catches up with you, follow the tutorials in my signature line to organize the graphs, then use Imgur to post here. Leave a space in the link.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
trying again to upload the charts from sleepyhead:

RemStar does not display Flow Limit.

[Image: M9YiGEx.png]

AirSense 10:

[Image: hHN7JVl.png]

THANKS.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed is controlling your events better. Leaks are a problem as pressure increases to what you need. If you adjust your mask at a very low pressure you may not be getting tight enough to stop leaks at a higher pressure. I would turn off ramp and change minimum to nine if it were me.

Dave

Edit: I see you already have the ramp off.
Post Reply Post Reply
RemStar shows Flow Limit as an event (FL)

Yes, set the ResMed to 9 Min.

Consider going to the Dreamstation because it is what you are/were comfortable with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2017, 11:16 AM)DavePaulson Wrote: The ResMed is controlling your events better. Leaks are a problem as pressure increases to what you need. If you adjust your mask at a very low pressure you may not be getting tight enough to stop leaks at a higher pressure. I would turn off ramp and change minimum to nine if it were me.

Dave

Edit: I see you already have the ramp off.

Thanks for your reply Dave. 

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm still not quite understanding all of this....

By upping the minimum to 9, will that not always then be the minimum pressure coming in? If the min of 4 works on the RemStar how does increasing it to 9 help on the AirSense? The tech had suggested reducing the 20 down (no number suggested) to deal w/ the overpressure.... I thought that given it's APAP doesn't then the machine know what pressure I need? As I write this clearly not given the problem with the AS.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed "thinks" your pressure should be at about ten to control your events, that is where it is most of the time anyway. You will not get the fluctuations as much with a higher minimum. It never went above 12.42 the entire night so lowering your Max to 13 would not hurt. I know the newer ResMed's have a softer algorithm that is seldom used you may like that better. Wait for some of the more experienced members to chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine RESPONDS to events.  How fast depends on the algorithm/program in the machine. ResMed responds much faster than Phillips Respironics.  It is best practice to narrow the range to minimize response time and keep you in a therapeutic range longer.

I don't understand the RemStar working with 4 at all.  

Take the mask off the hose and stick the end of the hose in a pitcher of water (taller than a glass) and see at what depth the bubbles stop.  Measure in cm.  Do this for both machines.

cm of water are the pressure units used CPAP machines.

That will show if one or the other machines are mis-representing the pressure being delivered.

Typically a pressure setting (long-term) of 4-20 is a recipe for failure.  It is frequently used for the first night of self titration/in-home titration to see how the machine responds to your breathing.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2017, 12:25 PM)bonjour Wrote: Take the mask off the hose and stick the end of the hose in a pitcher of water (taller than a glass) and see at what depth the bubbles stop.  Measure in cm.  Do this for both machines.

cm of water are the pressure units used CPAP machines.

That will show if one or the other machines are mis-representing the pressure being delivered.

so how far into the top of the pitcher to I put the hose? when i took both machines in, the tech measured the RemStar pressure and it was at 4. I'll see if I can do the measuring and post the results.

Thanks everyone for your help.... 

does it appear that the RemStar has been working for me in regards to managing my apnea based on the readings? (I know it's only one night...)
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2017, 12:39 PM)jim.evo Wrote: does it appear that the RemStar has been working for me in regards to managing my apnea based on the readings? (I know it's only one night...)

Your right, it is only one night. With that said, take into consideration the high leak rate for that night.
There comes a point with a high leak rate that the machine is unable to tackle Apnea events and may miss a few. I would think that the low AHI may be suspect.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,857 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 588 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 233 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.