Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 results and lower pressure, should I say success?
P10 results and lower pressure, should I say success?
The DME put my machine back down to 6 pressure from 8 and I wore the P10 last night, the results were very good so I think I am on my way. I had been struggling with serious leaks with this mask, so maybe the lower pressure was the answer for me?

AHI 1.0
MED 1.20
95% 9.60
MAX 13.20

One of the supposed "apneas" did not happen since it flagged, but there was nothing really there. Some of the leaks were at the end of sleep when I was adjusting the mask so they don't count either. All in all I think it was a success. We will see how tonight goes. I know that going down to 6 has helped for sure, I am back to where I was before they raised it up, per my request, I thought I was having Apnea, but that was before I had the software, now I know as I can chart it. It's great to have this control to see what is really going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 results and lower pressure, should I say success?
Marnid2014,

These numbers are superb! If the numbers continue to look this good, it's time to start focusing on the real name of the PAP game: Answering the question How do you feel?

In other words, if your numbers continue to look like these, you need to focus on:
  • Are you getting to sleep in a timely fashion?
  • Are the number of wakes after sleep onset rather few in number and short in length?
  • How do you feel when you first wake? Reasonably rested? Perhaps even refreshed?
  • Do you have enough energy to get through the day?

Positive answers to these questions won't all happen at once and they may not happen for several more weeks or even several more months. But now that you've got the leaks under control at a pressure that does control your apnea, you can start focusing on noticing small but positive differences in how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marnid2014,
Good going'.
It's great to hear that you were able to get back to the lower pressure and that you have your leaks under control.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all,

I do wake up, 2 times a night but it's usually for the bio break, I drink a lot of water and have cramps in my legs if I don't so, it's a problem. Other than that, I go right back to sleep. I think as far as refreshed, I am still in a bit of pain from the pacemaker and am really aware that I can't move my arm over my head so it does interfere with a really restful night. Next week, I am able to move it all over the place, so I believe this will do the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job!

Your leaks are perfectly fine -- your AHI is excellent (really close to perfect).

If the wake-ups are due to drinking a LOT of water or leg cramps and you just go to the bathroom because "you can" then that isn't a sign of much. (Me too.)

As robysue said, "It's how you FEEL?" (and it may take a while to feel better.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me be the Debbie Downer.

This was just one night. Give it a week, probably more, before you form any kind of conclusions. While the data looks good, one night is just not enough. Far too many things go into making a good (or bad) night's sleep.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Aw, don't listen to Debbie Downer.

While it is true that one time doesn't give you enough data for final conclusions it does prove you are CLOSE to the likely correct settings and that you CAN get treatment.

One night, a full night, is after all, many hours.

You will likely vary from those results, but you now know that your leaks CAN be withing reason, and that you AHI will likely vary around that point, plus or minus a bit.

You are doing excellent.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
Great night again last night

AHI 0.51
MED 0.00
95% 9.60
MAX 16.80

The max leak was a mask adjustment at the end , I woke up and adjusted the mask. Happy for one more night of success. This absolutely floors me, since my sleep test indicated a pressure of 17, which was so far off, it's ridiculous. At that pressure my AHI was 10.8. This must be the right pressure for me, only 1 apnea. I wish I could sleep all night without the bio break. I might try cutting all fluids at 7:00 and see if my cramps get worse, hopefully not.
Post Reply Post Reply
1 bio break from where we started is pretty darn good -- especially if you can get back to sleep quickly.

This is another strength of the P10, being so comfortable that getting back to sleep is no big deal usually (at least not due to the mask.)

I am off the opinion that a good APAP machine can do a better job of titration than almost any sleep lab test.

It's similar with blood pressure. My doc sees my blood pressure every few months, I see it every day, and when I was not healthy, 5 times per day.

It was clear to me exactly how much medicinal support I really needed (not necessarily WHICH drugs, but how much.) I commonly (with the doctor's knowledge) just adjusted the dosage on a daily or weekly basis.

Even now, my doc has me controlling the dosage of the diuretics. Docs don't see us often enough UNLESS we are very, very sick. (And then you are in the hospital with a nurse monitoring you 24/7.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,917 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 325 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 180 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.