Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] what am i doing wrong?
what am i doing wrong?
I have been using a REMstar auto a-flex for 8 months now. Last week when I turned on my machine I got a "service required" message and the flashing and the beeping that accompany it. Following the manual's instructions, I unplugged the power source and plugged it back in. Since the problem persisted I brought it back and received a replacement. I have had the new machine for 1 week now and last night I had the same problem. There is no error code to be seen only the "service required" message. I am nervous to go back and ask for a third machine.

I want to know if there is something I might be doing wrong. Have I broken 2 machines in 1 week? Am I just very unlucky? Will they replace my machine a second time?

Please help. I would appreciate any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what am i doing wrong?
According to the Error Code list, the message of "Service Required" usually means water damage.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

Make sure the humidifier tank is not leaking and that it is in correctly.
Pick up the machine and look under. Is there any moisture?
Are you carrying the machine around with water in the humidifier?
Do you have pets? Is it possible one of them is marking it? I'm sure though that you'd smell it through the hose.

Also check to make sure it is a new machine vs a refurbished/used one.

As long as the machine is still under warranty or is still being paid for by the insurance, yes, they should replace it. Ask them to show you exactly how it is supposed to work.

When they give you another one, ask for one in an unopened box.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi krista
I don,t use PRS1 but could it be power surges or some electrical wiring problem that causing the flashing message on the screen or may be interference from other electronic devices. Try not overfill the water tank and change the filter sometimes may help as dirty filter can cause overheating. Anyway may be its from the same faulty patch of machines as the previous one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never hurts to use a good quality Surge Protector either. Get one with a high rating, the higher the Joules rating, the better.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 543 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,464 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 324 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 472 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 579 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is there something obviously wrong with my CPAP use? [pull off mask while asleep] Cpapaya 4 675 08-16-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 460 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.