Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] what kind of memory card is used for REMSTAR System One DS560?
what kind of memory card is used for REMSTAR System One DS560?
Does REMStar System one have specific formatting requirement on memory card? I am curious if the regular SD card sold in the electronic stores are suitable for my machine?

I have no idea on how to export and read the SD content. Could someone tell me where to get detailed instructions on it?

Thanks.

Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: what kind of memory card is used for REMSTAR System One DS560?
is your system the PRS560? Might depend on the age of the system whether or not it will allow the HDSD. Get the smallest SD available; anything over 2gb is overkill.

As a side note - not sure if it was an older model, but when my son got a PRS560 a year ago I could not get the flashair SD Card to work as a transmitter in it (although it wrote to it fine) - but when he upgraded to a Resmed VPAP Bi-level the flashair worked fine (I was blaming the extender i put in his room, but it must have been the PRS) I think others here have flashair working in a PRS, so YMMV as far as what card the system will support.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know on the PRS ONE. I do know that when I used a ResMed S-9 I found some 4GB SDHC cards on slae and put one in. Now I only "chec" data every 3 to 6 months, on average. So when I went to check data, nothing. I found out that the S-9, at least my particular vintage of machine (and older ones) would not DO SDHC. Only SD. Plain SD. Which top out at 2GB. I got a bunch of them on Amazon and used them. No problems from that point forward.

So when I got the PRS ONE, that was what I used. No problem, and never ever any problem with them. So that's what I continue using.

The PRS ONE may very well use larger SDHC cards but I wouldn't know. I have heard that some folks have had success with SCHD in later S-9 units. SDHC cards are relatively cheap (cheaper than you can find the old 1-2 GB SD cards now) so you can probably try one and it it works, great. Please report back to us so I'll know.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
The DS560 is able to use a 16GB SDHC card, but it will never use that much space. My SD card has about 70MB of data on it after 15 months. The DS560 also is not bothered by other files on the SD card, unlike ResMed machines like the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ OMYMY - I have a 8gb flashair in my S9 -- so it definitely depends on the vintage of the firmware. Too bad they don't allow updates!

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2016, 01:21 AM)big_dave Wrote: The DS560 is able to use a 16GB SDHC card... The DS560 also is not bothered by other files on the SD card, unlike ResMed machines like the S9.

Score another one for Respironics.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
my S9 also doesnt care about the other files. It's a late S9, tho

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi asdftalk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, all of your posts help.
BTW, how to get the data out of the memeory card? What software?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead.... links at the top Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What kind of breathing is this? sprinter 3 412 01-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 515 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.