Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Pressure on New Machine
RE: Air Pressure on New Machine
Whoops ~~ new model is RemStar Pro, not Plus.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible you had Flex or ramp turned on with the old machine and not with the new one?

6 is the pressure, not the flow rate. 6 is really low, it shouldn't be a problem. The machine tries to keep a fixed pressure on the hose and blows however many liters of air is needed to keep the pressure constant.

On the Swift FX, don't over tighten it. The pillows should sort of inflate into your nostrils. Mine fits very loosely, almost just resting on my lip. You might have the wrong size pillows.

Be sure that the pillows aren't upside down. They should be wider at the bottom. There's an inner and and outer cone inside the pillow. Make sure the inner cone is not inverted. The two cones should be nested inside each other.

You might make it fit better if you run some warm water over the pillows before you put them on so they sort of mold themselves to your nose.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2014, 10:59 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(08-22-2014, 10:36 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Guess I will have to stop drying my hair with it then.

From your avatar, I'd say you need to be using a conditioner!Eat-popcorn

or some type of gel. I can remember a product called butch that people used on their hair and I think it was red.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2014, 01:50 AM)archangle Wrote: Is it possible you had Flex or ramp turned on with the old machine and not with the new one?

6 is the pressure, not the flow rate. 6 is really low, it shouldn't be a problem. The machine tries to keep a fixed pressure on the hose and blows however many liters of air is needed to keep the pressure constant.

On the Swift FX, don't over tighten it. The pillows should sort of inflate into your nostrils. Mine fits very loosely, almost just resting on my lip. You might have the wrong size pillows.

Be sure that the pillows aren't upside down. They should be wider at the bottom. There's an inner and and outer cone inside the pillow. Make sure the inner cone is not inverted. The two cones should be nested inside each other.

You might make it fit better if you run some warm water over the pillows before you put them on so they sort of mold themselves to your nose.

I used the ramp feature for about 5 days to get used to everything. It soon felt like I was not getting enough air, so I don't use it.
Flex is set to 1 as it was previously. At first Flex was disabled, but I had dr. call DME to have it turned on. I breathe so much easier now!
This machine definitely has a stronger flow rate, no doubt about it.
I do tighten this mask more now due to usage, but I will try to dampen the pillows first - great idea! Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 399 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,646 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 647 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
Exclaimation Novices ask for help to adjust the pressure parameters of the machine kfen 0 418 03-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kfen
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,558 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.