Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] will not adjust
RE: will not adjust
I didn't mean my question as an attack on you or anything. I only asked because there are times that people answer with something that is fixable and would still leave them in a better position. As per your post you state you are switching to cpap because you don't like the pressure increase when a mask leak is detected. And maybe you didn't give yourself time to adjust. In regards to the first issue pressure changes, they can be dramatic at times if the machine is in auto mode depending on the setting at auto mode. Now I don't know your settings because you don't have them listed. But if you look at mine I don't have a huge window of available changes that the machine can use. So let's just say you're machine in Bipap auto is set to the default of 4 and 25, well then that could account for all the problem of what you don't like (that huge pressure change), but if you were to just set the machine at say your pressure -2 on low end and +2 on high end then you would be using it with a far smaller window which would give you time to adjust better to the bipap and would alleviate the drastic pressure change. On to dry mouth, likely you are opening your mouth during the therapy and the air coming through your mouth is causing the issue. Try a chin strap to prevent the mouth issues and that might also help.

Think of it this way, we are here to help each other, if you want our help let us know the issues, we may be able to help better than just setting a bipap to cpap which really is like taking a Ferrari and governing it to 55mph.

My diagnosed pressure was 18 and they gave me a straight cpap, thanks to the people on this board I got myself a bipap and my pressure is 13/20 meaning I spend better than 50% of my night at 13 rather than 18 which for me made an unreal difference in my therapy and how I feel on a day to day basis. But as PaytonA points out I'm either the same or different than everyone else Big Grin

Almost forgot to add, if you have removed the sd card, and reprogrammed the unit, and started it with no sd card inserted and it remains the same as it was you are definitely doing something wrong. Not to criticize you or anything but with no sd card in the unit it should save any settings you programmed as there is no other place to get the settings from. There is a clear all data as well on that machine, you might try that, but remember to click the setting then change it then go back and exit properly so it saves the data.

I'd suggest you also take the card out of the machine, format it in a pc, and then put it in after you made the changes, that may help as well.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: will not adjust
Hi jimM, welcome to the forum!

Perhaps restoring defaults would clear up whatever has locked the machine, and then you would be able to adjust it.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 320 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,360 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 654 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,485 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 469 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can’t adjust to nasal mask HRU1923 6 945 06-11-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: HRU1923
  Please help adjust my setting 1978 11 1,312 04-01-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: 1978

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.