Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RESMED DS760S SERVICE MANUAL?
RESMED DS760S SERVICE MANUAL?
Does anyone have the service manuals for these machines or know where I can get them?

RESPIRONICS BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex, DS760TS

RESPIRONICS BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One, DS950HS

I am a newly diagnosed OSA patient and researching which machine to buy. It would be nice to have a parts breakdown and a way to fix my machine if it breaks down.

Thank you,

Neil Gaede
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED DS760S SERVICE MANUAL?
Did you check here?
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2013, 12:34 AM)neilgaede Wrote: Does anyone have the service manuals for these machines or know where I can get them?

RESPIRONICS BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex, DS760TS

RESPIRONICS BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One, DS950HS

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum!

Here is a link to recommendations on important features to look for when buying a machine:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Sorry, I've no idea how to obtain repair manuals. However, did find a handy feature comparison chart for the various Respironics models:

http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_hc...-guide.pdf

From the chart I think the features of the Respironics BiPAP autoSV Advanced–System One, DS950HS, are superior to the ResMed VPAP Adapt in at least one important way: the minimum Pressure Support can be set higher than 6 cmH2O. (The Pressure Support is the difference between Exhale Pressure versus Inhale Pressure.) The DS950HS does not seem to have an option for a heated hose, however.

If your initial diagnosis is OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) rather than Mixed or Complex Sleep Apnea ("mixed" or "complex" refers to combination of both "obstructive" and "central" apnea), then, at least initially, you will probably not be prescribed an autoSV model.

The BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex would be totally awesome for a first machine. However, I think insurance companies often will not cover a BiPAP or BiPAP Auto machine unless the patient has a fairly high prescribed pressure (like 14 or higher) and/or has first tried (and failed to tolerate) a constant-pressure CPAP or an auto-adjusting APAP machine, and therefore has a recognized need for the features of a BiPAP machine.

New machines usually come with at least a 2 year warrantee, so perhaps there is no need to find repair manuals right away.  If you do eventually find out how to get one, though, do pass on a word to the forum, won't you?  (Thanking you in advance!)

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi neilgaede and WELCOME! to the forum.!

I was just curious; In your subject line you ask for RESMED DS760S, but the model number you gave sounds like a RESPIRONICS model number.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2013, 12:34 AM)neilgaede Wrote: Does anyone have the service manuals for these machines or know where I can get them?

Hi Neil, welcome to Apnea Board!

There really aren't many true "Service Manuals" (Repair Manuals) out there for any CPAP machine. There are a few, however... mostly older Respironics machines.

We do have a few of them available for download. For those with older Respironics machines, please log into your forum account, then go here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Only-FILES

The link in that post will get you into our Members-Only File listing.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,937 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can My Luna 3b Be 'Bricked' (deactivated) by Doctor or Service? Frostlight 10 1,228 08-03-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [CPAP] seeking OLD clinician manual - Fisher & Paykel HC211 hamiltzp 0 381 07-28-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: hamiltzp
  [Equipment] Breas Z2 Auto Setup Manual possum1 3 1,413 02-02-2023, 02:08 AM
  Remstar Auto M Series "Service Required" msgill59 24 36,203 01-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 460 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.