Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] without prescription
RE: without prescription
I don't think a device prescription runs out like a medication subscription.

There's an online place that sells used and open box machines. Contact them and ask. Supplier #2 in the Supplier's List.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 04:16 PM)zimlich Wrote: Are you on CPAP and have a presription for that? I have heard from people who find them on Craigs list and in the classifides, less often at yard sales. Unfortunately then there is the mask and tubing. Or do you have that? Good luck.\
Mary

I actually just ordered my machine from Supplier #2 using my 7 year old prescription! And at any of the online CPAP Suppliers they can now sell you parts w/o a scrip. So you can't buy a entire mask but you can purchase any part of the mask or the machine w/o a scrip.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 06:14 PM)mcbre1 Wrote: I actually just ordered my machine from Supplier #2 using my 7 year old prescription!
which machine

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 01:48 PM)mcbre1 Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 01:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Then there's the question of how do you know you have sleep apnea?
I have an outdated prescription for the the machine that is now . I have had several sleep studies done. The latest was about 6 years ago. I had a scrip for supplies that ran out last month. I couldn't buy the machine with it though. Even though I was trying to get the Auto CPAP the doctor insisted that I needed another sleep study.Thanks

(01-16-2013, 12:51 PM)Ugly Wrote: [quote='mcbre1' pid='27397' dateline='1358352123']

On the up side, my wife is very angry with me regarding the radio interference from the ClimateLine hose.

So the S9 has some kind of wiring running down to the face mask?Oh-jeez

Must be some circuitry in the ClimateLine tube. She demanded I not use it and, because I don't believe in getting angry (although she lives by it) it's hard to stick up for myself. Even though part of it was because she didn't like cold air being blown around. Now she'll settle for the cold air. So I have a ClimateLine hose serving no purpose. It didn't cost me anything so I guess it's free to a good home (if you pay the postage).
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 12:51 PM)Ugly Wrote: On the up side, my wife is very angry with me regarding the radio interference from the ClimateLine hose. She officially forbids me to use it citing that her sanity is more important than my health. What this means is that this brand new hose for use with the ResMed S9 line with a $70 value (Canadian) I'll send it off free to a good home.

Hi Ugly
What's with the radio interference from the climateline? I know a bit about radio. So when you use the climateline there is interference on your radio? This is a broadcast radio on AM or FM? In the bedroom or elsewhere? This is quite possibly due to the extra power required by the climateline, and your power supply is working harder and producing extra noise that is getting onto your mains wiring. Switchmode power supplies do that often. A filter on the line into your power supply (between the wall plug and the plug going into your power supply) may be all you need. Don't give the heated line away yet! Try several snap-on filters - you can get them from Radio Shack or maybe Best Buy or similar stores.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 01:26 AM)keyclix Wrote: Hi Ugly
What's with the radio interference from the climateline? I know a bit about radio. So when you use the climateline there is interference on your radio? This is a broadcast radio on AM or FM? In the bedroom or elsewhere? This is quite possibly due to the extra power required by the climateline, and your power supply is working harder and producing extra noise that is getting onto your mains wiring. Switchmode power supplies do that often. A filter on the line into your power supply (between the wall plug and the plug going into your power supply) may be all you need. Don't give the heated line away yet! Try several snap-on filters - you can get them from Radio Shack or maybe Best Buy or similar stores.

It's more likely they're using a switch mode temperature control on the current into the hose and haven't properly filtered it to eliminate radio interference. i.e. they turn the power to the hose on and off rapidly to control the power levels.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2013, 06:20 PM)zonk Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 06:14 PM)mcbre1 Wrote: I actually just ordered my machine from Supplier #2 using my 7 year old prescription!
which machine

A ResMed S9 auto CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 06:13 PM)mcbre1 Wrote:
(01-16-2013, 06:20 PM)zonk Wrote:
which machine

A ResMed S9 auto CPAP
you want to make sure its S9 AutoSet .... Not S9 Escape Auto
Escape Auto is not full data capable machine and lack some of the features
also no central apnea detection or enhanced AutoSet algorithm

here S9 AutoSet shown
[Image: s9-pic1.jpg]
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 01:26 AM)keyclix Wrote: Hi Ugly
What's with the radio interference from the climateline? I know a bit about radio. So when you use the climateline there is interference on your radio? This is a broadcast radio on AM or FM? In the bedroom or elsewhere?

This is in the bedroom. The CPAP is situated on a table beside me.
The radio is on my wife's desk by her side of the bed.
It is an AM station. 640 kHz.

Quote:This is quite possibly due to the extra power required by the climateline, and your power supply is working harder and producing extra noise that is getting onto your mains wiring. Switchmode power supplies do that often.

This apparently creates an almost constant high pitched tone, although not as high pitched as my tinnitus which is also constant, although only I hear that. This is something I live with day in and day out but my wife feels her sanity trumps my use of the ClimateLine. I'm just lucky that the modern CPAPs don't make noise or she might forbid me that too. Dysfunctional yes but it's life.

A filter on the line into your power supply (between the wall plug and the plug going into your power supply) may be all you need. Don't give the heated line away yet! Try several snap-on filters - you can get them from Radio Shack or maybe Best Buy or similar stores.
[/quote]

Thanks I can check it out. I made the offer because of how much it costs retail it's a shame to let it go to waste.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 10:56 PM)Ugly Wrote: ...although not as high pitched as my tinnitus which is also constant, although only I hear that.

Wrong! I hear it too! 24-hours-a-day 7-days-week! Too-funny

There's a program that helps me to sleep with the incessant ringing, Tinnitus Masker Pro, it could also mask some of the RF your ClimateLine is causing, of course there's still more options:

1). Get a new Wife!

2). If that won't work, listen on SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio - XM TALK 168, it should be immune to the RF.

Good luck!

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 124 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 795 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 985 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,986 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 461 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prescription for BiPAP DanEm 11 1,190 12-25-2022, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,423 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.