Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Erasing some old SD card data?
After inserting card into my reader, out of curiosity, I used computer explorer to look at the card files structure.  There is alot of old data from 2011 from my first go around with cpap that is not needed.

So while I don't plan to erase anything, was curious if anyone has successfully erased really old stuff while retaining say last couple years?  Granted the SD card is 2Gb size and the amount of data stored is a "tiny" 40Mb so really isn't an issue.  Would save some time loading and you wouldn't have to see old stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can erase it.   If you haven't,  I would make a copy of it on your computer first.   Also, your CPAP will overwrite older data as it needs space.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 09:12 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You can erase it.   If you haven't,  I would make a copy of it on your computer first.   Also, your CPAP will overwrite older data as it needs space.

Transferred datqa to flash drive, erased old data up to current start period.  Tried in Encore and voila, it worked!!
Post Reply Post Reply

For fun, opened some SD card files using notepad just to see what was there.  Nothing readable but alot really funky looking character symbols there.  No clue what language is used to write the data, but obviously pretty compact symbology to convey all the information that Encore and SleepyHead decodes back into readable data !!
Post Reply Post Reply
What are the file extension types? Resmed uses an .edf format which requires an EDF Viewer to make heads or tails out of them.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 11:27 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: What are the file extension types?  Resmed uses an .edf format which requires an EDF Viewer to make heads or tails out of them.

Thanks, I didn't see an extension on my explorer viewer.  Will search for a edf viewer if freebie just for curiosity.
Post Reply Post Reply

To view file extensions in Windows Explorer: Go to TOOLS --> Folder Options --> View. Make sure "Hide known file extensions" is not checked.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 11:37 AM)CPAPreturnee Wrote: Thanks, I didn't see an extension on my explorer viewer.  Will search for a edf viewer if freebie just for curiosity.

I don't know what Remstar uses for a file format, I was just using my Resmed as an example. Sorry for the confusion.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
Also keep in mind that in Sleepyhead you can prevent the import of data older than a certain date. See File/Preferences/CPAP

My preference is to quick-format a SD card rather than delete files.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-09-2017, 02:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Also keep in mind that in Sleepyhead you can prevent the import of data older than a certain date.  See File/Preferences/CPAP

My preference is to quick-format a SD card rather than delete files.
I need to retain current data for when I go visit the sleep nurse in June.  She can erase it if she wants.  I will copy it to my hard drive for reference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error dowloading data from Sd card for system one machine dangood_47 4 514 11-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cumulative historical data limits for SD card and hard-drive access 2SleepBetta 0 226 11-10-2017, 05:58 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 246 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Unable to Download Data Card to EncorePro fwg1947 3 339 07-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Last Post: fwg1947
  Sleepyhead doesn't pickup card data Surfbear 21 1,321 06-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Surfbear
  wireless data instead of moving memory card xxyzx 8 778 05-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleepyhead data/SD Card/New Machine pcplus2 1 421 03-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Fedman