Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Error Code E-8
Error Code E-8
Hello all. First post here. I have a Pre-2007 REMStar Plus with Humidifier. I recently went on a road trip for work. I brought my machine with me and it worked fine. When I got back home I plugged it in and all saved data disappeared. The hour count as well as the pressure setting.

I got in to Clinician Mode. It flashed the E-8 code. Now, I can't get out of Clinician Mode for it to save the pressure setting. The humidifier has the back flow valve so I am pretty sure no water got in.

I know E-8 says to replace the main PCA. Fine but anyone know the part number for this?

Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Error Code E-8
Welcome to the forum, hang tight as I am sure someone will be along shortly with some good answers for you.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
You'd need the Service Manual. I don't think we have those.

And yes, it's a RAM chip and they say to replace the board. The part number may be on the board, actually.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...E-0_-_E-20
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DarthTolkien,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be surprised if the main PCA is meant to be a field-serviceable unit. You may have to take it to a Philips Respironics repair depot.

Sadly, my guess is that you will spend less money and grief by simply replacing the entire device with a modern unit. For that, if you are going to stay with PRS1 machines, get either the Pro (for fixed-pressure treatment) or the Auto if you can manage the small extra cost. Both of these are data-capable machines, so you can keep track of your treatment.

I also find the Auto more comfortable at the higher pressures, since it will automatically adjust to the pressure I need, rather than the one I have configured for it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 327 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,189 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 762 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Does a Large Leak Cause An AHI Error? BlueSky1958 3 814 07-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.