Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Error message installing ResScan
Error message installing ResScan
I'm trying to print out a report for my doc. I didn't like what I got from SH (more of a printer problem I think) so I downloaded ResScan 5.9.

But as soon as I do the install, I get this message:
Quote:1152: Error extracting to the temporary location

I checked the firewall but there were not messages from it (blocking the creation of files)
I checked the download and it is the correct size
I downloaded it a second time and get the same error
I tried open/run as administrator.

What's going on?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Error message installing ResScan
No real idea not seen that error try completely disabling the firewall also check you have plenty of free disk space.
Post Reply Post Reply
This problem usually occurs with temporary files that are being unpacked before being installed.

You may wish to clear the temporary files area by performing a disk cleanup. 

Click Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System tools -> Disk Cleanup.
Allow scan to finish.
Check/Select all listed items to clear.  -- Make sure the temporary files entry is checked.
Click Ok.
Click Delete Files.

After the cleanup process continues, the try installing ResScan again.

Or, if you want to look farther,

Go to the search/run box and type %TMP% [press enter]
This will take you to the temp directory (users\username\AppData\Local\Temp). 

-- First delete anything you can from it
-- Second move up one level (users\username\AppData\Local), right click on the Temp folder and check the security settings. Make sure you have adequate rights, adjust them as needed.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResScan program is an archived Zip file that contains two system files (autorun.inf and Resscan.ico) and the main file Setup.exe. You should be able to access the Zip file from the download location and execute Setup by double-clicking on it. It's always a good idea to download files to a known location rather than some default download folder for everything, simply because it is easier to find if you need to use it directly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I deleted every Temp folder content and *.tmp file I could.
I did a disk cleanup.
I did a defrag check.
I did a hard reboot.

Got the error message again.

Checked firewall logs and it FINALLY is listed. I gave it permission and it is installing.

I don't think it was the firewall. I think it was something else first then the firewall saw it. It didn't show up in the log before and I checked after each time.

Here's the error message screenshot for future reference.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes happens when windows doesn't allow it to run because the file "came from the internet." Right click the install and go to properties, at the bottom, if there is a checkbox "Unblock" go ahead and unblock it and try again.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 257 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 205 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,529 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 261 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,469 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 493 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 678 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.