Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Essential Oils into CPAP?
RE: Essential Oils into CPAP?
Just found this:
DME link removed. Search Supplier #1 for Pur Sleep System Starter Pack.
It's just a disk that sits afront the air intake on the CPAP.  Not ideal.  But good to see others are thinking about this.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
----
daBee in Toronto
Unit: MesRed AirSense 10 Nasal pillow | min 7 cm no ramp
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:47 PM)daBee Wrote: Just found this:
DME LINK REMOVED.  Search Supplier #1 for Pur Sleep System Starter Pack.

It's just a disk that sits afront the air intake on the CPAP.  Not ideal.  But good to see others are thinking about this.

Hi Neighbour! I live near Pearson Airport.

I think that's what I saw.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy.  Got my CPAP machine in Brampton.  Heh.  I'm downtown-east.
----
daBee in Toronto
Unit: MesRed AirSense 10 Nasal pillow | min 7 cm no ramp
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the directions for your machine. I remember reading that nothing but water should be used. There have been previous threads on this subject. The DME I use to go to had something like the disc mentioned above. It was placed in front of the air intake on the outside of the machine so only scented air went in. I wouldn't want to try an essential oil without checking with the company--it might cancel your warranty if something went wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2019, 05:14 PM)bonjour Wrote: search for "cpap inline AB filter"
this device would make it easy to do what you want, just attach to the end of hose.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  

You could spend $300 on a temporary "one week" big, ugly, uncomfortable complicated in-line aerosol or nebulizer that goes right between the end of the hose and your mask.  

Or you could do some pretty clean and cheap 'southern engineering'.   All you need is a wick to hold the drop.

So:
  1. Buy the $3 in-line Antibacterial / HEPA filter Bonjour mentioned
  2. Drill or run a rod through the filter to poke a few holes so it dose not add resistance to your hose the xPAP machine is not expecting.
  3. Land one drop on the remaining filter / wick
  4. Put it in-between your hose and your mask.
  5. Test it before you go to bed.  Might need a smaller or larger drop.
  6. Enjoy your aroma therapy
Introduces no mess to the machine or hose.  

Oh my. Just noticed there are a lot of similar threads listed down at the bottom of the page.

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW...

[Commercial Link Removed] Search Supplier #1 for: How to Safely Put Essential Oils in your CPAP for Aromatherapy

It sounds like you would have to be very careful because you would potentially be directly inhaling oils that may be highly concentrated. And they were intended to be defused into a room full of air, and then you breathe in only a tiny fraction of the oil in the scented room air.

I'm envisioning where people OD on e-cigarette oils by putting a drop in their mouth of highly concentrated oil rather than a small amount by using the product as intended.

I don't smoke, never have, just don't quite understand what people with half-a-brain would do that to themselves. IMHO.

Didn't really want to equate this topic to smoking either, so sorry for that.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

Oops, sorry for that.
RayBee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I read somewhere that you don't want the oil droplets being "pushed" deep into the lungs.  So, on the filter, in the humidifier, and inline are all bad options.
 I cleaned a Gatorade lid, placed a cotton ball on it and place about 4 drops of oil on it.  I place this next to the inlet
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a big fan of essential oils. But I don't believe it's smart to vaporize it straight into the lungs, especially not for 8 hours a day.

That said... I have put an EO on a cotton ball and stuck it by the air intake of my CPAP. Sometimes it smells too strong and I move it away. Sometimes it's nice. I like knowing that it's not being vaporized straight into my lungs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've considered doing an essential oil on the cotton ball in front of my ASV air intake. I've not yet done so, as I have yet to get enough research into learning what the negatives are on self or machine regarding this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Adaptor that allows you to put essential order in it and it attaches tightly to the tubes and works great. No leakage occurs. The smell in the tube was getting me sick even after sterilizing it continually:-(((I use Doterra Breathe or Lavender. It has helped. Goodluck.

You can Google Essential Oil Adaptor for CPAP machine. All you need is one small drop.

Oh...auto correct:-(

Essential Oil not order....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essential oil adapter legrunt 6 747 09-06-2021, 03:17 AM
Last Post: StevesSp
  aromatherapy oils in cpap machine somnia16 26 22,839 03-23-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Doctor
Question Essential SH Settings DrAHI 4 3,352 01-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Essential Accessories jonesbc19 7 2,269 06-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Last Post: RedCoPete
  [CPAP] essential oils in the water tub lewisag 10 8,909 04-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Mich

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.