Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Establishing times of mask leaks
Establishing times of mask leaks
I'm using a Res Med VPAP Adapt S9. My dentist, my sleep doc and I are attempting to determine if my fragmented sleep is related to peaks in mask leakage. I'm planning on tracking my awakenings (at least my initial one each night) with a stop watch. I know that it is possible to establish average leak rates over various time periods, e.g. days/weeks. It would be valuable to track my actual leak rates on a minute-by-mnute basis each night. Is it possible to do so using the Res Med machine I have?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Establishing times of mask leaks
G'day Skydoc01, welcome to Apnea Board.

There are two software programs available to view your sleep data on a breath-by-breath basis. These both give you graphs or charts of leaks, pressure, flow, snoring and a lot of other parameters. No need for a stop-watch, the software does it all! (I'm surprised your sleep doc doesn't know this).

SleepyHead is available here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/ It is a freeware program developed by a fellow apneac, and is a very very competent piece of software (even though it is still officially in "beta" release). There is a very useful user guide and discussion here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion

ResScan is ResMed's own software, available here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

While both programs are good, I find SleepyHead a lot easier to use, and it gives you all the information you need. Here is a typical screen shot showing the leaks chart, among others.

[attachment=1213]

Best of luck with your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2015, 11:49 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: ResScan is ResMed's own software, available here: http://www.apneaboard.com...

I thought one was not supposed to put that link in the open forum.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure the rule applies to external links. The link posted goes to resident information on this site.

Also there is an exception allowing linking to cpap manufacturers if they do not sell directly to the public. Although that doesn't apply in the present case, I mention it as FYI info anyway.

Best regards,

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi skydoc01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2015, 09:18 AM)justMongo Wrote: I thought one was not supposed to put that link in the open forum.

Hi JustMongo, it's OK to post that particular link which just takes you to a thread with further explanations. Only logged-in members can access the forum where that thread resides. We do not host ResScan on this site. We do, however, have a direct link to SleepyHead by arrangement with JediMark.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2015, 02:00 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi skydoc01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
Hey trish6hundred,
I appreciate your greetings. Many thanks. Here's to a good night's sleep for all of us.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 0 32 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 106 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.