Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ettings
Ettings
How do I find the humidifier setting on my remstar plus c flex unit? I can get to set up mode and change pressures but there is no word "humidifier" or ability to turn on? Humidifier is cold and does not come on[/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ettings
You need to go into the setting menu and scroll down. The on/off is there, as is, when the unit is turned on in therapy mode, by turning the knob on the face of the box. Be sure they humidifier is correctly attached to your brick, and that the tank is correctly inserted and the lid secured. if the connector for the humidifier is not 100% in place, the humidifier will not show in the menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be that if the humidifier is set to "off" or "none" or something like that in the clinician's menu it can't be turned on in the patient's menu.

You may have to go into the clinician's menu to turn it on.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm.. wasn't aware that Philips locked out the humidifier in the clinician's menu, but it could be - in that case hold down the central knob and the ramp button for more than three seconds and you'll go into the clinician's menu, change the settings there, but I am pretty sure that if it came with a humidifier, it activates once it is plugged in no matter what the clinician's menu says.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi killa, welcome to Apnea Board
Whats the exact model of your machine, (System One, M series, ...)
The plus model is basic machine, shows only hours used. The Auto and Pro models are data capable machines shows hours used and efficacy data. System One machines supported by SleepyHead software

Check section one for brief instructions on how to enter the Clinician Setup Menu for common CPAP machines

Depend on type of machine, some clinician manuals available via direct download (section two)
Section Three is a list of CPAP Clinician Setup Manuals available through email only
Scroll down to bottom of page if the manual available via email
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

If your machine is System one, this setup instruction and video might help:
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
I have an older model RemSTAR Plus (as a back up now) and it requires a separate step each time to start up the humidifier.
After start up, you must hold a button down for at least one second, then you see a little humidity icon on the display.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.