Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event Analysis Thread
Event Analysis Thread
I wanted to start a thread where people might post pictures of events for forum analysis because the machines & software often mislabel them.

I'm not good at sorting this out yet and was looking to learn more.

I thought I'd kick things off with a couple. This one I think might be a post arousal pause. If so that's a normal harmless thing.

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event Analysis Thread
Tried to add one more but says reached my attachment limit of 600kb?
Post Reply Post Reply
you'll need to use a file sharing program like photobucket or imgur Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine scored it as an obstructive apnea, which means that you did not voluntarily stop breathing unless you voluntarily obstructed your airway. The breathing flow rate pattern appears to be normal sleeping pattern.

I would guess that you just had several obstructive apneas possibly caused by rolling onto your back.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2015, 09:25 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Your machine scored it as an obstructive apnea, which means that you did not voluntarily stop breathing unless you voluntarily obstructed your airway. The breathing flow rate pattern appears to be normal sleeping pattern.

I would guess that you just had several obstructive apneas possibly caused by rolling onto your back.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

ThanksSmile

(09-02-2015, 07:24 AM)tml678 Wrote: you'll need to use a file sharing program like photobucket or imgur Smile

Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine cannot go any higher than the set fixed pressure 8
But an APAP like yours, can be set in auto mode so can deliver a bit more pressure whenever needed

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2015, 05:25 PM)zonk Wrote: The machine cannot go any higher than the set fixed pressure 8
But an APAP like yours, can be set in auto mode so can deliver a bit more pressure whenever needed

Hello Zonk, I tried the auto thing for about 8 months. I find I'm doing much better now on regular CPAP. The sleep clinic suggested that after looking at my data graphs. There were arousals ++ on auto.

Has anyone else migrated from auto to regular CPAP? or am I just an odd one?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 05:05 AM)C-PAP Wrote: Hello Zonk, I tried the auto thing for about 8 months. I find I'm doing much better now on regular CPAP.
No body can argue with that ... the proof of the pudding is in the eating

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2015, 05:05 AM)C-PAP Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 05:25 PM)zonk Wrote: The machine cannot go any higher than the set fixed pressure 8

Hello Zonk, I tried the auto thing for about 8 months. I find I'm doing much better now on regular CPAP. The sleep clinic suggested that after looking at my data graphs. There were arousals ++ on auto.

Has anyone else migrated from auto to regular CPAP? or am I just an odd one?

I went from Auto to regular fixed pressure. I sleep much much better.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here are my results from 2 nights ago. This is my first try to do screenshot, so hope it is successful. My big questions are, can you tell if my leaks are from my mask or my mouth? And, should my pressure be adjusted at all? Any thoughts, advice is welcome. My leak rate is still 19 according to the clinical menu.

I'm not sure about adding the attachment, preview doesn't show it. Hope it will show up when I post.
Here is graph, hopefully.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 958 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,404 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,205 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,579 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.