Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event Grouping Perplexing
Event Grouping Perplexing
On the attached graphs I have groupings of events at about 2:20, 4:40 and 6:00.  I would appreciate any thoughts about this and on any other features that stand out.  I am currently using supplemental O2 at 2.5 lpm.  If I turn of the O2 my AHI goes up.  Is messing with the
O2 setting advisable or should I try the pressure settings or something else first?

I've been using the Respironics DreamStaton BiPAP AutoSV for about four months and just got the SleepyHead V1.1 beta running.  Has anyone had success syncing CONTEC CMS50F data with the SH V1.1 beta on a Windows 10 box?   I tried to use the DreamMapper Uploader to load DS data to DreamMapper but the loader hangs with the busy circle rotating.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event Grouping Perplexing
hello gxwhipp. I don't know much about O2 or your particular machine; also, there may be more to be said about your chart but I'll mention 3 things and leave the rest to more knowledgeable folks.

the latest sleepyhead beta version 1.1 may not be ready for regular use in general and your machine in particular. best to use 1.0.0 beta 2 for now.

your epap is set to 8-20 but max is reported to be 5.6 and seems to be closer to 4 most of the time. something isn't right about that. could be the software version. higher min epap may help with the obstructive apnea and hypopnea.

groups or clusters of events usually indicate positional issues, often a cricked neck that restricts the airway. the best solution for that is to wear a soft cervical collar. type of bed pillow can make a difference as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am wondering if there is some form of positional obstruction causing OSA's your machine can't clear a soft cervical collar may stop you from tucking your chin.

As far as Sleepy head goes I think the version you are running is the only one that kind of works with your ASV machine, the best way to get the oximetry data in is to use the SO2 assistant program to get the data off of the contec device and then import the spo2 file into sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your suggestion about the cervical collar.   I tried it last night and saw some improvement.  See attached graphs.  I'm wondering about the periodic breathing.  There are only six events but they seem to last a long time.   These graphs also show a typical night where the hypopnea events are by far the most numerouts.

I'll try your suggestion about raising EPAP min.  (The epap settings from the Dreamstaionm, 5-15 are different from those reported by SH, 8-25.  I'll report to the dev forum)

Here is some additional info that I wanted to have show up in my postings (and also to edit the mask to be Dreamwear FF)  Is there a way to edit the info supplied during registration?

Age 74, Height 5'11",  BMI 25.8, pretty good health

Past HIstory: Diagnosed OA in 2004 but had it for years prior.   UPPP in 2004.  Tried and failed CPAP in 2004, 20013.  Tried again in 2017 with better results.   Untreated AHI usually 50 or above.  Basic CPAP AHI was usually above 30.  Tried mouthpiece with marginal results.

Current Status: RP Dreamstation BiPap ASV with Dreamwear FF is first machine  to get AHI below 30. AHI range is now ordinarily 6 to 12 and  PB 0 to 9. Only a few OA and CA each night, mostly Hypopnea by far.  Supplemental O2 at night 2.5 lpm
Post Reply Post Reply
to edit your profile: upper right top of page or bottom of page under user links find User CP, then on left find edit profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
You still have some vibratory snores and Hypopnea I wonder if your minimum epap needs to be higher to resolve those, maybe a setting of 6 will help reduce those events as an min epap of 5 is pretty low
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your suggestions!  I tried the cervical collar for the past two nights and got the AHI down to 2.7 and 2.8.  By far a new record for me!   I'll try increasing the min epap once I'm satisfied the the AHI is stable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rather than increasing EPAP min, I'd like to see you increase PS min from 0 and gradually move to 3.0 cm. This may resolve the hypopnea. It sounds like the soft cervical collar is a good move. I'm looking for settings of EPAP min 8.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0 PS max 15.0 as normally pretty effective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 77 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 453 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 358 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 484 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,910 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 526 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 574 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.