Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event Logging in AirSense 10
Event Logging in AirSense 10
Last night I recall being awake for 5-10 mins before rising for a bathroom break.  I also recall the pressure going up as i lay in bed deciding if I should take the BR break or not.  I was surprised to find the pressure rising when I was awake.  Here is what the data looked like just before turning the machine off for the BR break at the far right of the screen: https://imgur.com/a/5LG1C 
Notice the series of OAs in the minutes before turning off the AirSense 10.  These were occurring when I thought I was awake!  Does anyone know what is going on here??
  1. Is my memory playing games with me and I was actually asleep until 40 seconds before turning the machine off?  Doesn't seem plausible since I also recall the pressure increasing.  OR
  2. Was i drifting in and out of sleep and confusing this with being awake? OR
  3. Does the AirSense 10 falsely log OAs while it owner is awake? OR
  4. Something else?
I'm a little mystified.  Ideas??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event Logging in AirSense 10
I get the same kind of thing and pattern late in my sleep cycle when I am dozing and waking up. I ussally get from a AHI of 1 to 4 due to the early morning hijinx.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event Logging in AirSense 10
When I first started analyzing my overnight data, I saw a number of what I believed to be "false" events that appeared when I was transitioning to or from what I believed to be sleep. My doctor at the time refused to look at Sleepyhead data or reports since the software does not have FDA approval but did look at the detailed ResScan flow/pressure data. He informed me that these were known as sleep/wake junk and should be discarded as artifacts. He also cautioned that they could come later in the recording if I was using my CPAP while still awake reading and then fell asleep. I found that these artifacts typically appeared when I fell asleep on my back rather than my normal side position -- but this is anecdotal and could not be replicated. He also mentioned that some people experience a pre-arousal or twilight period prior to awakening and this can also cause artifacts.

I tried to replicate the record by deliberately staying awake or setting a secondary alarm clock to trigger 3 minutes before my normal wake-up time. No joy!! Of course, I asked ResMed and was met by blaring silence.

Oh well. Acceptance is part of growth.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 388 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 460 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,346 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 510 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.