Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Event Numbers - What Do they Mean???
Event Numbers - What Do they Mean???
Does anyone know what the event numbers on the SleepyHead charts mean?  I assume it must be something important, but I can't seem to find any info on them...I hope I didn't just overlook something obvious! Huh

ie, Obstructive(10) Obstructive (19) Clear Airway (11) Clear Airway (14) Hypopnea (10), etc...

Thanks for any info on this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Event Numbers - What Do they Mean???
I'm not certain I understand your question, but if you mean the pop-up when you cover the vertical coloured line that depicts an event, and you see a number in the pop-up, that is the duration of the event in seconds.  AFAIC, anything around 10 is likely to be spurious or something associated with turning or waking and turning and tossing.  For example, I normally show at least two CA's each night's report, and when I hover my cursor over it I get the 10.  I doubt I'm getting CA's, but I know it IS common to hold one's breath, or to stop breathing when falling asleep, something that happens if you partially awaken to turn over.

It's the duration in seconds.
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Event Numbers - What Do they Mean???
(02-23-2019, 01:25 AM)mesenteria Wrote: I'm not certain I understand your question, but if you mean the pop-up when you cover the vertical coloured line that depicts an event, and you see a number in the pop-up, that is the duration of the event in seconds.  AFAIC, anything around 10 is likely to be spurious or something associated with turning or waking and turning and tossing.  For example, I normally show at least two CA's each night's report, and when I hover my cursor over it I get the 10.  I doubt I'm getting CA's, but I know it IS common to hold one's breath, or to stop breathing when falling asleep, something that happens if you partially awaken to turn over.

It's the duration in seconds.

Thanks mesenteria!  That makes total sense!  And it's good to know that certain events may not be significant due to the duration.  Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR: numbers on event flags guiniviere 17 406 11-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Do These Trigger an Event? [Apnea higher with machine than without] markgrant 22 701 10-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: markgrant
  Event Duration, O2 Level, Lag, Vib. [Chart Review Request] rbellamy 22 623 09-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Numbers Kinda Went Crazy charrob 2 321 07-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question What are these numbers telling me? cobradoc 8 522 06-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: cobradoc
  What do these numbers mean? ReturnofXile 1 273 06-28-2019, 12:37 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  AirSense 10 numbers zeeser 2 309 06-16-2019, 10:16 PM
Last Post: zeeser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.