Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events
Events
I have been using my CPAP machine for 10 days. Can anyone explain what is 0.9 events? I thought the events were 12345 and so on. I'm not understanding the whole decimal thing. How can you have less than 1 event? I have Googled and even downloaded the clinician handbook. Nothing. An explanation will be greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events
The events is a calculation of the number of events divided by the number of hours of sleep so it’s perfectly possible to get 0.9 events for example if you had 7 events overnight and slept or used the machine for 8 hours the number of events (per hour) would be 0.875 rounded to 0.9 if only one decimal place is used

Regards

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Jason you don't know how much I appreciate your help. Thank you so very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jason, I just thought of something. How do I do the math to figure out how many episodes that I had? For example: last night I used it for 3 hours 17 minutes.  Events were 0.3. I suck at math. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nanniesitter,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
3 hrs and 17 min
17 min / 60 min/hr = 0.28 hr + 3 hr = 3.28 hrs
3.28 hr X 0.3 events/ hr = 0.98 events or close to 1 event over the 3.28 hrs.

sleep time X events/hr (AHI) = total events

Good luck and keep asking questions!
Post Reply Post Reply
nanniesitter,
                   Welcome to Apnea Board!

If you download SleepyHead it will give you detailed information on your treatment including the number of events and types.

You can find the link just below. Most people use it here as you can upload charts when asking for advise.

Welcome
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Trish6hundred. Now I can't wait to go back to the first days to figure out the events. You have now idea how frustrating this is. They don't explain this stuff when they show you how to use the machine. Have a great day.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need an SD card in the machine to read the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Hojo.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 16 448 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Still tired and CA events liebano 3 71 2 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,408 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 122 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 182 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 274 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.