Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - Loud!
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - Loud!
My replacement unit arrived and is much, much better.  What I would expect.

This gives me concern though.  I am a veteran CPAP user of over 5 years.  If a new user got a machine like the one I got, they might not know any different and think that is normal.  Then they would give up trying to use CPAP therapy (big mistake).  Resmed is a reputable manufacturer of CPAP equipment and I use all their equipment exclusively, from machine to the mask.  It is disappointing that so many defective units have made it into the pipeline, especially when people are charged thousands to buy them (when going through insurance, but that is a whole other rant of mine).

So I look forward now to my first Auto CPAP.  Since my last unit was just a stupid, overpriced Respironics brick that the medical supplier took advantage of me on, it is good to be a well informed CPAP user now and get the equipment that gives me the best quality of sleep.  Of course, I am still going around with my supplier over my Resmed Airfit F20 mask (which IMHO is the best mask out there for me).  They don't like to sell Resmed because their margins on them are too low.  Sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is why this forum is a lifeline for so many reasons.

Being not as adventurous, I did not research the internet whilst waiting quite a while for my sleep test and then to collect my machine from the NHS. As I have written widely previously ad nauseoum, this is dispensed free. Think Guys Hospital uses Resmed CPAP exclusively so no requirement to be concerned. I do not know if my machine is brand new but it has served me well since April-nearly 8 months now- a very very quiet machine.

Glad to know you have sorted yourself out.

Last night, I ordered myself a 'For Her' model which was helped by Reznik. I truly hope there will be no problems as the supplier is across the pond and closer to the you guys so replacement/resolution of any issues would be a total fag!
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got my Airsense 10 Autoset... after having a good 'ol Remstar for over 10+ yrs... and am marveling at how quiet my new Airsense 10 is.

Makes me wonder if something is amiss? I am assuming you have the hose attached properly, and tank all the way in etc.? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2017, 06:45 PM)GordNWT Wrote: I recently got my Airsense 10 Autoset... after having a good 'ol Remstar for over 10+ yrs... and am marveling at how quiet my new Airsense 10 is.

Makes me wonder if something is amiss? I am assuming you have the hose attached properly, and tank all the way in etc.? Thinking-about

Oops... missed the rest of the thread... my bad.
Disregard ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an S10 since July 2017. The noise started in Jan 2018. I called the vendor, they said change the mask. Need just the short tube for a fully changed mask. Still makes noise with the new mask so far. The tank can not be filled too high or it will spill over or gurgling happens. The whining sound is sometimes as soon as it is turned on or after a few minutes. Rises and falls in pitch with breathing. Moved machine to floor and less noise heard. I will investigate the tank and seal setup to see if that is a cause. Don't know if electronic generated noise is a problem. ~Snorer~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 09:42 PM)snorer2018 Wrote: I have an S10 since July 2017. The noise started in Jan 2018. I called the vendor, they said change the mask. Need just the short tube for a fully changed mask. Still makes noise with the new mask so far. The tank can not be filled too high or it will spill over or gurgling happens. The whining sound is sometimes as soon as it is turned on or after a few minutes. Rises and falls in pitch with breathing. Moved machine to floor and less noise heard. I will investigate the tank and seal setup to see if that is a cause. Don't know if electronic generated noise is a problem. ~Snorer~
also : This machine is $925. You could get it cheap or free if you have coverage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 349 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.