Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events not recognized by AHI reading.
Gross 
Events not recognized by AHI reading.

Hello, me again:

The CA has disappeared, at least for now, but what about these shots: ~A,B and C?

I believe they show long periods of not breathing?

Presumably due to rather than causing leakage but how to correct this?

Had Apnea for maybe 20 years which, would you agree, is the cause of this deterioration.

Tried various FFM strap tensions, cervical collar, tongue stretcher[Image: gross.gif], more pillows, being nice to the wife - but no difference!

Maybe it occurs when lying on my back, but have found no data on how to improve this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events not recognized by AHI reading.
Crap those are long apneas!

I can't imagine how your machine is missing them, except that it's malfunctioning!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's OK cause the AHI is listed as 39 million.

Did you do the Airbreak mod?
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to be sure the events for CA and OA are turned on in Oscar. Look at the checklist of Event Types on the lower left corner of the charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good eye! I did not know that!

But AHI is screwy and none of the other parameters on top of the individual graphs register. Is that an Oscar issue or a machine issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding is that AHI should be properly calculated, no matter which events are selected in the charts. OSCAR reports the event rate as determined by the machine. The charts are poorly done and should have the monthly calendar minimized, and show the AHI breakdown and statistics at the top of the Daily Sidebar (left column). Oscar does not create event flags, they are generated in the machine data and reported. If there are errors in the data, unfortunately Oscar will report them. Note there is a total time in apnea over 7 minutes, but no events. Kind of bizzare.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Pedrx-- you still around?

Taking any medications (like the Co-codamol) again?

Did you do Airbreak?
Post Reply Post Reply
When was your last sleep study? I say this because I have the same machine and consistently had a good score but had a return of symptoms (wife noticing snoring behind mask, lethargy etc) that the pulmonologist resisted because the machine ( 2yrs old) was giving good scores. I just had a sleep study and wow! My current pressure 11 does NOT improve apnea AHI . I am getting a new machine (BiPAP?) and a pressure more like 17-19.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 345 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,396 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.