Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour
Events per hour
Good day

how accurate are the events per hour indicated on the machine , resmed 10

Night before last it indicated 4.5 per hour. I know this is an average as most of my apneas happened in 2 blocks. 

Than last night it said I had none. How is that possible?

Also I had zero obstructive they all indicated as central

A little confused
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events per hour
Good morning Chieffy,

You are correct about the average of apnea events. You can get more information by looking at the Apnea Hypopnea Index (AHI) article in the wiki.

Sometimes it is very possible to experience 0 apnea events and many people get AHI of 0.x often or near nightly.

Without seeing charts of your sleep data, it would be speculation to comment on what's going on while you sleep. I recommend that you follow the links in my signature to Download Sleepyhead and get your charts organized so you can post them on the forum to get individual insight into your therapy.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
For some of us zeroes are not unusual. I see 0 once or twice a week.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Jesse

Thanks for info. Ill down load program asap
I have been using the Resmed 

I have gone through my bad nights and almost all coincidence with a prior stressful day and or post stressful day 

ie night of surgery,job interview etc is this common 

Thanks again

Chieffy
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 09:41 AM)Chieffy123 Wrote: Hello Jesse

Thanks for info. Ill down load program asap
I have been using the Resmed 

I have gone through my bad nights and almost all coincidence with a prior stressful day and or post stressful day 

ie night of surgery,job interview etc is this common 

Thanks again

Chieffy

I'd say very common. Stress levels affect people in many ways and sleep is without exception. Unfortunately, acute stress levels and the side effects can persist for several days even though the apparent stress has been overcome, and a good nights sleep is one way to beat stress. That's when your body and mind tend to sort things out and sleep is often used as a marker for stress levels.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again Jesse

You are so right stress sucks add that to chronic pain and I'm surprised the machine works at all for me
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 329 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 174 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 266 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 761 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.