Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events per hour last night
Events per hour last night
Hi. I noticed after one hour of sleep on my machine it was eight and  during the night it went down. In the am it was 2.2. Now I wore it agin for 15 mintes because I wanted to sleep more after I woke up and it went down a bit. Is 
it calculated for your total hours .  I got worried when I saw an 8  I am still not clear how it calculated events per hour.  Also last night after that one hour of sleep which wasn't a good one I thought I slept
for hours  is that normal  I am also wondering if  events per hour went up because I was talking  with my mask on and machine on ,Does this have anything to do with high number. I had no leaks . I generally don't like to check my machine in the evening .
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Events per hour last night
IT is the total (OA + CA + Hypopnea) divided by the total hours of use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this normal that one hour I have 8 and then I am at 2.2. Is there something wrong with my machine.  When I first tried when I would wake up it was always under one during the past two weeks I have been seeing variation I am now wondering if my sleep apnea is under control
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is averaged. It is normal to have different readings hour to hour and day to day.

The only way you know what's going on is to download #SleepyHead software and learn how to track your therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is quite common to have a lot of events when you are falling asleep. If it weren't for that fact I would have had a few 0 AHI nights.Smile. If you really want to know how well you're doing you will need to download SleepyHead and look at your results. I know this has been suggested before, but if you want to do it, someone here would help you install and interpret the results.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 11:02 AM)DavePaulson Wrote: It is quite common to have a lot of events when you are falling asleep. If it weren't for that fact I would have had a few 0 AHI nights.Smile. If you really want to know how well you're doing you will need to download SleepyHead and look at your results. I know this has been suggested before, but if you want to do it, someone here would help you install and interpret the results.

Dave

Thank you Dave I am currently using iPad and don't have access to computer or laptop.  When I  have one i I will ask.   I guess it never happened when I fell asleep fast woke up thinking that I slept so long and then looked at my machine how many hours    Does talking with mask on and machine on raise the events per hour
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing, do you have an SD card in your machine? If you don't, get one at Walmart or wherever Any size over 2GB will work, I think 8 GB is the smallest you will find and should cost about $10.00. Just ask for a Standard SD card. Then you will be ready with some data when you get SleepyHead installed.

I don't think talking would do anything, but if you don't breath for a long time while talking who knows.Smile

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2017, 12:08 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: One more thing, do you have an SD card in your machine? If you don't, get one at Walmart or wherever Any size over 2GB will work, I think 8 GB is the smallest you will find and should cost about $10.00. Just ask for a Standard SD card. Then you will be ready with some data when you get SleepyHead installed.

I don't think talking would do anything, but if you don't breath for a long time while talking who knows.Smile

Dave

Yes it is in the machine but don't have access to computers
Post Reply Post Reply
You could bring or mail your card to someone who could post your charts, all the information needed to get started is on it.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen it that high I am concerned about that . I thought over 5 concern  but when I woke up events per hour was down but I guess it is averaged  I normally sleep 5 to 6 hours so this number of 2.2 would have been much higher
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 178 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 772 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.