Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ever felt like a dummy?
RE: Ever felt like a dummy?
I like auto-start, however, it does not reliably stop with some pillow masks like the P10 with a small or medium pillow. Really irritating when my wife gets up to use the restroom and, half-asleep, doesn't realize that the machine is blowing like a hurricane.

Also, I've had a couple of false-starts when wiping down the pillows with mask wipes.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2019, 09:04 PM)Reznik Wrote: I can't breath at all when my machine goes off.  Are you sure it isn't stopping in the middle of the night?  Perhaps the power is going out temporarily?

No, it was just one of those cases of accidentally pulling the hose loose. (And I was using a nas-pil mask, so presumably I was mouth-breathing after the machine automatically stopped.) Some masks have a quick-disconnecting hose connection, so if you pull hard enough it will come apart. That's good in general, but not when you get the hose trapped underneath you in the middle of the night by rolling over in bed.

(01-02-2019, 09:04 PM)Reznik Wrote: FYI- You should never put your machine in an enclosed space like a closed dresser drawer. 

I didn't say "hermetically sealed". Smile There's more than sufficient air flow, and no glue fumes. A drawer or an enclosed shelf next to the bed is good for keeping all of the equipment away from inquisitive pets when it's not being used.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to bed the other night, got comfy, and eventually went to sleep. SWMBO elbowed me and said I was snoring and to put on my mask. I said it is on. She put her hand on my face where the mask should be. First time I've ever forgotten it!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 393 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Did you felt better after an septoplasty and turbinate reduction? MikeR20 5 704 11-24-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Anyone quit CPAP because they felt worse? AlaskanJaeger 21 2,277 08-25-2022, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Felt amazing on first night of therapy, but regular after that NoddingHacker 1 557 07-15-2021, 01:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Health] Woke up, felt like I had no breathe and panicked VanWrinkle 10 1,199 06-15-2021, 02:17 PM
Last Post: VanWrinkle
  Dummy Doc—ST versus ASV rmclendon 25 11,996 11-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Bad night, felt suffocated chuck6161 16 3,432 07-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.