Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ever had one of those days..........
Ever had one of those days..........
......when you wished that you had just stayed in bed? Today was one of those days for me. Anything that could have gone bad, did! 

I didn't sleep well last night, as my face mask was leaking more than usual. Got up way early cause of it. Weather out was windy, if not down right blustery all day long. Got more than usual robo / scammer calls on the phone. One caller claimed to be my grand-son. Told him right off the bat what he could do with his head. 

Seemed like whatever I picked up, it took me 2-3 tries to be successful. Stubbed my toes at least twice. Tried to get some things done in my garage / shop, and had to fight my way thru the whole time.

The whole day just felt clumsy and out of step. Felt a bit funky the whole day as well. 

Gonna hit the bed before not too long. Gonna sleep w/o my CPAP tonight. To Hell with it!! My wife is away and my snoring won't bother anyone. 

I'm hoping to  Sleep-well  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Ever had one of those days..........
(04-09-2019, 11:24 PM)Big Guy Wrote: Gonna hit the bed before not too long. Gonna sleep w/o my CPAP tonight. To Hell with it!! My wife is away and my snoring won't bother anyone. 

I'm hoping to  Sleep-well  Cool

I think you miss your wife?

Let us know how your feel tomorrow morning.... Rolleyes
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Dreaming

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did pretty good sleeping thru the night last night. It's a real luxury to be able to sleep w/o having to wear a mask. Didn't realize just how much so, until I was diagnosed with SA. 

But, I'm feeling guilty now that I didn't gear up last night. Tonight, it's back to doing what is best. 

And yes, I do miss my wife. Her mother passed away on March 19th. She was either 93 or 94 yrs. old. My wife is up in MT. helping her older sister with everything. She thinks she'll be able to return home about the 21st of this month. 

It's yet another cold, windy / blustery day here.  Oh-jeez Still better than getting more snow like the mid west is seeing though.  Crazy
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Guy, you might want to take some vitamin D. 

After the winter months, your body gets no sunlight, and is usually deficient of Vitamin D, which helps with keeping a positive mood. Once the sun comes out, make sure you get out and expose your skin to sunlight for at least 30 minutes each day. That helps.

Keep your mind occupied with some tasks around the house.  Keep as busy as you can, and take time out to enjoy some of the little pleasures you enjoy, whatever those may be.  For me, it's coffee.   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-10-2019, 12:12 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Big Guy, you might want to take some vitamin D. 

After the winter months, your body gets no sunlight, and is usually deficient of Vitamin D, which helps with keeping a positive mood.  Once the sun comes out, make sure you get out and expose your skin to sunlight for at least 30 minutes each day.  That helps.

Keep your mind occupied with some tasks around the house.  Keep as busy as you can, and take time out to enjoy some of the little pleasures you enjoy, whatever those may be.  For me, it's coffee.   Coffee

I'm not a big believer when it comes to nutritional supplements. But, I will try some Vitamin D as you suggested. 

In regards to the sunlight issue, I do get my fair share. I did find some multi-vitamins, and will try some of those over the next week or so. 

Thanks for the tips.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was spreading 7-yards of mulch today. My head is burnt, so my Vitamin D is covered. FWIW, sunlight will not penetrate a motorcycle helmet, but the heat will.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2019, 10:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My head is burnt, so my Vitamin D is covered.

You over-dosed, Sleeprider.  Everything in moderation, remember...   Bigwink

Next time, make a tin-foil hat.   That's what I use so the aliens can't read my mind....   Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
My day today so far has been going well. Resolved two issues not related to SA today. One was a biggie. Funny how things on your mind can affect you so in so many other ways. 

Anyways, the weather today was a bit better and I got out and around and got some things done / accomplished. 

Back on my CPAP last night. I've only missed two nights on it since starting last Sept. 10th. It is nice though, sleeping w/o it.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to hear things went well, BigGuy.

Thumbs-up-2
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2019, 08:11 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Good to hear things went well, BigGuy.

Thumbs-up-2

Thanks! 

I do struggle a bit with some depression. Seems like the older I get, the more intense it can become. I'm not ready to see a doctor about it as of yet though.

I still wanna get a good handle on this SA stuff. I just wish that I was feeling better about it all. It's now been 7 months or so, and I cannot say I feel better for it.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It must be the dog-days of ...... PollCat 2 1,126 05-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Peter_C
  Two in two days! cbramsey 4 1,595 04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Last Post: cbramsey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.