Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ever try to purchase repair parts? Well that may have changed
Idea 
Ever try to purchase repair parts? Well that may have changed
If you have ever tried to purchase repair parts, you probably know what a nightmare it can be. More often than not you get the "you have to send the machine in, we can't sell you parts", reply.

Well I want to say that [link removed] has sold me actual parts for my Resmed S8. They are listed on the suppliers page here in this board. Smile

They are great. Just like everyone else, my keypad wore out and I got a new one from them instead of doing the butcher job of making new button contacts.

Oh BTW I'm a newby here so if I'm telling you something you already know, I apologize in advance.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ever try to purchase repair parts? Well that may have changed
Hi stihlydan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you were able to get the parts to fix your machine.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I also need a button keypad for my Resmed Compact S8. I found one a couple of years ago but repaired the old one with generous amounts of super glue! Worked great for two years. Now I need a new keypad but cannot find it any longer. Unfortunately the supplier was removed from the previous post with no evidence of which supplier sells this part. I've searched the current suppliers for "keypad" without results.

Can someone please hint or direct me to the correct supplier or perhaps give me a better search term to find the keypad replacement I need?

Post Reply Post Reply
It's #27. I'd call them during the week. They are not going to have every part. Some parts are removed from decommissioned machines.
The keypad for the S8 Compact might be hard to find.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
:thanks: Thanks for the quick response - I'll do as you suggest - I found it online before so hopefully there are some left somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just out of curiosity: How long have you had your S8 machine?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since 2006 - My son says its a dinosaur but it works great.
Post Reply Post Reply
The switches are actually a resistive pad that contacts metal pads on the mainboard. That resistive coating can wear out; or it can sometimes just be cleaned. The 5 buttons are all one pad.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is a simple repair. Carefully ply open the Key Pad form the Unit, held down by latch but easy to remove.
Separate the Keypad from the attached circuit board also held down by latches. Clean the 5 buttons carbon tips and the circuit board contacts.
assemble back, it should work fine this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to thank Stilhydan,
I contacted the unmentioned supplier in Ocala Fl
and I spoke with Allison, She not only immediately knew the Resmed keypad was in stock, she got it processed and shipped to me the same day. Ask for her, but you will have to do a little detective work to find the Co. name due to forum rules
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 50 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,514 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Changed to Airsense 11, few CA's Stubert 10 319 03-18-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 357 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Can high loop gain be changed? NoddingHacker 2 390 01-05-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  HELP! Granddaughter changed settings on Dreamstaton jdmedic 3 334 01-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: jdmedic
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 381 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.