Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Every dang sleep apnea problem under the sun
RE: Every dang sleep apnea problem under the sun
https://www.verywellhealth.com/treatment...me-3015246
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone I'm back - still no closer to a diagnosis. O2 still 98-99. My pulmonologist is absolutely convinced I don't have COPD. And my breathing tests don't fit the pattern of someone with neuromuscular disease.

Still desperate to get this damn thing to work. Also desperate to use this thing as a ventilator in case I do have a neuromuscular disease.

Is there any way to auto titrate this damn machine? I've been trying to get a respiratory tech out here with absolutely no success.

Ok so. Back to the beginning. I do have mildly hyper inflated lungs. And I just got over a bout of COVID that didn't damage my lungs but gave me brain fog so I'm not as sharp as I usually am Sad Still no closer to a diagnosis. Still have OSA with some centrals thrown in. Still may have a neuromuscular disorder. Main problem is trying to reduce work of breathing and push out more air. For that I understand Epap needs to be set as low as possible. But how about ipap?

I'm so desperate to get this thing to work. My sleep doctors keep denying my cuirass because they say my breathing isn't bad enough to warrant it yet.

I'm exhausted. Got two hours sleep last. Ight. Want a ton of sleep. I'll do anything to get it Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a month since your last post and we haven't seen a chart since the 2/9. Please post your current charts so we can see what is going on.

Post both the Std charts and the Advanced charts (View/reset Graphics/ Standard or Advanced. and a 3-4 minute zoom so we can see your breath by breath view
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Gideon!

Sadly that is the most recent data I have :Sad I have not as of yet been able to sleep with this thing in my face Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2023, 09:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sinus infection = antibiotics. It never kept me from using the PAP.  Sometimes turn up the heat or humidity a bit during a cold.

I am going through posts and not uncommon for me to have sinus infections and have sinusitis . Allergy season is coming up and want to get as much info and take any measures I can . 

reason for responding when at your worst sinus issues are you yourself able to use pillows during that time or have to switch to FFM
Post Reply Post Reply
What ffm?  I bought the Fitlife mask last mont in anticipation of a facial surgery but that was cancelled. I have not missed any therapy time since 2008 and have never used a ffm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding , ffm = full face mask. 

When you have a sinus issue what style of mask do you use . Sorry for the confusion
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you think I didn’t understand FFM? I have never used one, and yes I have had sinusitis and infections but nasal pillows always come through.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did think you did not know what a FFM was . But said to myself this guy knows way more than me so how can he knot know what a FFM is .  So was unsure
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 231 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 124 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 293 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 205 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 384 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 512 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.