Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Excellent documentary on sleep
Excellent documentary on sleep
It is a Naked Science production called Dead Tired.
Runs for about 45 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY3ma_xmTVg

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Excellent documentary on sleep
Can't watch right now- bookmarked it for the weekend. Beginning looks interesting. Thanks for sharing Steve.
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2013, 06:26 PM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote: It is a Naked Science production called Dead Tired.
Runs for about 45 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY3ma_xmTVg

Steve

This was excellent. Thank You!
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally found the time to sit down and watch this without interruptions. Sleep deprivation is worse than I imagined. The correlation between young children not getting enough sleep and depression in their teen years was interesting and scary. Excellent video. Thanks for sharing the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2013, 07:44 PM)oak Wrote:
(07-16-2013, 06:26 PM)SleepinginAdelaide Wrote: It is a Naked Science production called Dead Tired.
Runs for about 45 minutes ...

Steve

This was excellent. Thank You!

I second the comment above. Well worth taking time to watch. I'm now wondering why our primary physicians aren't better trained and considering the possibility of sleep deprivation as a potential cause of many physical maladies that we suffer with? Seems like this could eliminate, reduce, or at least delay, the need for all kinds of treatments (e.g., blood pressure meds, diabetic treatments, etc.).
Post Reply Post Reply
Watched it, too. Thanks for sharing!

(07-21-2013, 03:51 PM)SleepEZ Wrote: I'm now wondering why our primary physicians aren't better trained and considering the possibility of sleep deprivation as a potential cause of many physical maladies that we suffer with?

There's a lot of truth to this. I had mentioned to my GP on a couple occasions how I feel, and even told him that I didn't think I was sleeping well. He never ordered a sleep study. It was in fact a cardiologist that thought to do that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 162 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 853 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 681 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.