Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Excess water usage in my S10
Excess water usage in my S10
Who can help and explain what i should do

The water tank on my Resmed S10 gets filled to the max line each night, but come morning (after 8 hours) I find the water has nearly all gone and its below the min line

Is this a problem, the low water and what should I do to fix it
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Excess water usage in my S10
Hi worthog..

Couple of things come to mind.

What's the relative humidity like inside your home? If it is really low then you're going to find that the humidifier uses up a lot of water each night.
What's the humidity setting on your S10?

Thanks,
Capt. Steubing
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier settings of auto or manual plus the actual humidity level setting will impact water use. It will also depend on room humidity level. Using the whole tub overnight can be normal in the right conditions.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Worthog.

My ResMed Aircurve 10 S (bipap) has a setting for the humidifier. It is immediately available in "My Options", which is always showing in the front window. I dial down to "Humidifier", push the button and the "Adjust" option comes up.

I can also get to it through the "Clinician Menu". For that, I hold down the "Home" button AND hold down the dial (both together) for 3 seconds. I then let go and the clinician menu appears.
(I also did this to re-enable "Smart Start", which had somehow shut itself off. A ghost must have done it!)

I currently have the humidifier set on 2. Sometimes, and I don't know why, it will nearly empty the tank in less than 8 hours, but usually the water level will go down more slowly than that.
 I had recently increased the setting and it was emptying in 2 - 4 hours, so I set it back to 2.

Did this help?
Bobby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 33 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,736 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,316 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 834 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 151 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 580 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 197 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.