Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Right Side Jaw Pain
Right Side Jaw Pain
I have been using my Respironics full face mask for years with no problem. Lately when I wake up I have right side jaw pain. I have not changed any of the tension straps. The pain subsides in about an hour after removing the mask. Do I need a chinstrap? If so which one? Thanks, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Right Side Jaw Pain
maybe you should try loosening the straps? Maybe they are too tight on the right side for whatever reason. Have you ever gotten a new headgear? I don't think a chin strap will help diminish pain.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2015, 09:01 PM)me50 Wrote: maybe you should try loosening the straps? Maybe they are too tight on the right side for whatever reason. Have you ever gotten a new headgear? I don't think a chin strap will help diminish pain.

Hi. Thanks. I have had the same strap tightness for months. I thought maybe my mouth was becoming open and maybe I was trying to keep it closed. Yes I have had new headgear for about three weeks. Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
take a look at your data in rescan or sleepyhead and see if there is anything that indicates your mouth opening. i think you should try and loosen your straps a bit. I think that if your mouth were opening, it would hurt on both sides and not just one side or maybe it is a combination of a tight strap and your mouth opening. check the data and if you need to, post it here for others to take a look at it and see if they have more ideas for you. otherwise, we just have to guess and speculate what the problem might be.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2015, 02:19 AM)me50 Wrote: take a look at your data in rescan or sleepyhead and see if there is anything that indicates your mouth opening. i think you should try and loosen your straps a bit. I think that if your mouth were opening, it would hurt on both sides and not just one side or maybe it is a combination of a tight strap and your mouth opening. check the data and if you need to, post it here for others to take a look at it and see if they have more ideas for you. otherwise, we just have to guess and speculate what the problem might be.

Thanks. I know my mouth is opening by my mouth being very dry recently. I believe I am trying to keep it closed all night. My AHI's are in the range of 0.3-0.9. Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
you should not need a chin strap with a full face mask

you AHI isn't all that we would need to look at. Look at leaks, flow, etc. etc. If you choose to, post your graphs for one night that you felt the straps being too tight and then someone will be able to help better than with no info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I did a Google search and there are multiple articles about jaw pain and sleep apnea. The grinding of the teeth during sleep can cause jaw pain. There are dental appliances that can help. I have no idea how to post my ResScan data here. Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 403 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 257 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 397 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 339 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.