Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exercise is the Key!
Cool 
Exercise is the Key!
Well after a 2 month spell on the sick, I went back to work last night and at 6am when my shift finished off I trotted to the works gym for my first workout in ages. I have gained around 18 pounds in weight which is nearly about 9KG. I cant begin to tell you how good I feel today, had my sleep today and now feel great, cant wait to get back to work and in the gym again in the morning for my run on the treadmill and some work on the weights. For me I hate excersise as a rule but the benefits are incredible and Im not talking weight loss Im talking feel good factor.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Excersise is the Key!
I agree, it definitely helps me feel better.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exercise is the Key!
Before starting any new exercise regimen, it is strongly suggested you see your doctor first. This is especially important if you have any other conditions that sleep apnea.

Start slow. Don't push your limits until you have been doing it a while. This is especially true if you've not been exercising in a long time. Those muscles are going to hate you and there's no reason to hurt yourself right off from the start. Just take it slow and build up. Even the experts warm up!

As your exercise increases, your food intake needs will change. Consider seeing a registered dietician to help with this.

While I can't use most exercise machines, I do have a pedal machine that I use when I can. Pool exercise is something nearly anyone can do, even me! It is non-weight bearing and easy on the joints. Don't use any of the water exercise stuff until you know your body's limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2012, 02:18 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Before starting any new exercise regimen, it is strongly suggested you see your doctor first. This is especially important if you have any other conditions that sleep apnea.

Start slow. Don't push your limits until you have been doing it a while. This is especially true if you've not been exercising in a long time. Those muscles are going to hate you and there's no reason to hurt yourself right off from the start. Just take it slow and build up. Even the experts warm up!

As your exercise increases, your food intake needs will change. Consider seeing a registered dietician to help with this.

While I can't use most exercise machines, I do have a pedal machine that I use when I can. Pool exercise is something nearly anyone can do, even me! It is non-weight bearing and easy on the joints. Don't use any of the water exercise stuff until you know your body's limits.

Paula is like an inner voice always there to point out any dangers or anything we or I have missed, its nice to know your there Paula.

Couldnt agree more about warming up, Ive fell into that trap a few times and pulled a calf or hamstring and another good point paula made is ALWAYS seek medical advise before starting any form of excersise.
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2012, 03:19 PM)Gazby Wrote: Paula is like an inner voice always there to point out any dangers or anything we or I have missed, its nice to know your there Paula.

Too-funnyLaugh-a-lotToo-funnyLaugh-a-lot

You are probably the first person to consider me 'inner voice' worthy.

Have you had your inner voice cleaned out lately? Maybe you could try mental flossing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2012, 07:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 03:19 PM)Gazby Wrote: Paula is like an inner voice always there to point out any dangers or anything we or I have missed, its nice to know your there Paula.

Have you had your inner voice cleaned out lately? Maybe you could try mental flossing.

I tried this but I couldnt thread the floss through my ears Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2012, 01:40 AM)Gazby Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 07:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:

I tried this but I couldnt thread the floss through my ears Too-funny

too funny. i'm picturing it. reminds me of an old episode of the beverly hillbillies. granny holds a candle next to jethro's right ear and blows into his left ear. of course the candle blows out from the wind.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2012, 12:27 PM)Gazby Wrote: Well after a 2 month spell on the sick, I went back to work last night and at 6am when my shift finished off I trotted to the works gym for my first workout in ages. I have gained around 18 pounds in weight which is nearly about 9KG. I cant begin to tell you how good I feel today, had my sleep today and now feel great, cant wait to get back to work and in the gym again in the morning for my run on the treadmill and some work on the weights. For me I hate excersise as a rule but the benefits are incredible and Im not talking weight loss Im talking feel good factor.

Gazby, you are better to walk 10,000 steps a day for exercise, some hill work, but not much.

Walking and a high protein diet, low carbs and low sugar will reduce your weight.

Try body Trim plan - it works http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/...ancing.gif
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2012, 04:45 PM)worthog Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 12:27 PM)Gazby Wrote: Well after a 2 month spell on the sick, I went back to work last night and at 6am when my shift finished off I trotted to the works gym for my first workout in ages. I have gained around 18 pounds in weight which is nearly about 9KG. I cant begin to tell you how good I feel today, had my sleep today and now feel great, cant wait to get back to work and in the gym again in the morning for my run on the treadmill and some work on the weights. For me I hate excersise as a rule but the benefits are incredible and Im not talking weight loss Im talking feel good factor.

Gazby, you are better to walk 10,000 steps a day for exercise, some hill work, but not much.

Walking and a high protein diet, low carbs and low sugar will reduce your weight.

Try body Trim plan - it works http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/images/...ancing.gif

This is my usual work out in the Scottish Mountains Big Grin Love those views
[Image: 9421_1214546572842_1504153679_30587172_740257_n.jpg]

[Image: 10951_1273120477153_1504153679_30735711_5167860_n.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EXERCISE APPS kb23 0 411 09-05-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: kb23
  Exercise-induced arterial hypoxemia (EIAH) related to OSA? MCS2014 1 613 09-20-2021, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Exercise Training to Treat Sleep Apnea Arik 4 1,658 09-10-2020, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Mogy
  Hypertensive response to exercise(HRE) and sleep apnea car54 4 1,193 09-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: car54
  Heart Failure, Periodic Breathing, and Exercise chill 2 1,872 06-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Last Post: richb
  AHI & exercise questions Exhale 8 4,162 04-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Exhale
  Diet, Exercise and Sleep zonk 2 3,324 08-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: william123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.