Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter with many users
Question 
Oximeter with many users
Is it wise to buy an expensive and good oximeter with more people? For example with three users? It would be a week in turn for everyone. Or would two weeks alternate better? Or should I buy it only for me and use it all time? The point is that once the oximeter has good values, they will continue to be good. Or are there surprises in use?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter with many users
With the exception of a very few individuals, constant ose of an oximeter is not needed. To periodically check when an individual is known to have issues with maintaining a proper and safe oxygen level is common sense. The period of checking is not as important as periodically verifying proper oxygen levels.

My choice of oximeter would be one that integrates with the OSCAR software so the results can be correlated to the event results for treatment adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter with many users
(09-26-2019, 07:54 AM)bonjour Wrote: With the exception of a very few individuals, constant ose of an oximeter is not needed.  To periodically check when an individual is known to have issues with maintaining a proper and safe oxygen level is common sense. The period of checking is not as important as periodically verifying proper oxygen levels.

My choice of oximeter would be one that integrates with the OSCAR software so the results can be correlated to the event results for treatment adjustments.

Thanks!
This makes a  lot of sense to me....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,011 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 807 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.