Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhalation Waveform
Exhalation Waveform
Hi all.

Does the waveform below look weird? Looks like there is some issue with my exhalation. Second screenshot shows the close-up of the second, shallower section of my breathing from the first screenshot. Both are screenshots of my flowrate.

I'm still feeling tired with my treatment. Am currently using a Aircurve 10, EPAP 12-14, IPAP 14-16 (PS 2.0)

Felt better with a PS 2.0 than PS 0.0, if that is of any help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhalation Waveform
By itself the wave form is not abnormal. You can enhance it by using a dotted line...right-click in the left margin and the Y-axis format controls will pop up. Insert a dotted line at the zero flow and that will show the transition from inhale to exhale. The less-zoomed flow chart is not time-stamped so is even less useful. There is an obvious difference between the left and right halves of that chart.

This post might have more meaning when combined with one of your other therapy threads. It is very difficult to conclude anything when no context, history or other background is available.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhalation Waveform
the posted chart seems to suggest that during this period there was resistance to exhales, and body still wanted to exhale. Does your 30 pound dog sometimes lie across your abdomen? The other section of sleep looks like it was faster and deeper exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  What IS this waveform??? CPAPinCAL 2 449 10-21-2023, 08:32 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Full Face Mask - Whistle on exhalation slane52186 4 555 10-01-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: slane52186
  Waveform Analysis please Morgannon 6 625 05-17-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Morgannon
  Odd Flow Rate Waveform enjoysleep59 4 610 04-22-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: enjoysleep59
Question Interpreting Mask Pressure Waveform in Oscar enjoysleep59 2 669 03-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: enjoysleep59

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.