Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhale Pressure?
Exhale Pressure?
When I first put my Dreamwear on, the exhale pressure seems kind of high, meaning that for the first minute or two, it is a little difficult to exhale.  After a while, either I'm getting used to it or the machine is making changes to make it easier to breathe.  What is this setting called and is there a way to adjust this pressure?
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhale Pressure?
You are probably acclimating to the pressure. Pressure changes depend on your Dreamstation model. What is your model number, "DSX???" It is usually on the bottom of the machine. Just remember to drain the humidifier, if used, before turning it upside down.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,138 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 889 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,028 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  RESMED F30i Mask causing pulsing on exhale HULK 1 628 09-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 571 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 989 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Symptoms] Difficult to exhale by end of night threerottencats 0 460 08-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: threerottencats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.