Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhale problems with P30i cushion VS Dreamwear mask
Exhale problems with P30i cushion VS Dreamwear mask
Hello, Wondering if anyone has pointers on exhale issues with a P30i cushion. I am only able to get 2-3 hours of use because I wake up unable to exhale. I have seasonal allergies that somewhat constrict my nasal passages on a regular basis. I do use a nasal spray before bed.  I find the P30 very comfortable and have no inhale issues. I am considering trying a Dreamwear mask / Nasal Cushion and wonder if anyone else has had to do the same. I really dislike the idea of a full mask. 

My initial pressure was set to 5-15. After speaking to my Doctor she lowered it to 4-8. It has not helped my issue at all. 

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhale problems with P30i cushion VS Dreamwear mask
I own both and I have not experienced anything you are. I would think your exhale is not blocked if when you begin therapy there is no trouble with exhale. The dreamwear has a slot instead of the P30 many small holes. That MIGHT make a difference. If you buy a dream ware look at Amazon - you can buy the frame and nose piece for under $30, buying them separately as parts and you can use your headgear from the P30. 

The only thing I can think of is the wrong size nose piece that is to large and kid of folds in wile in your nose.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if the dream wear mask, being able to use my mouth as well, would make a difference. Seems like the slightest nasal congestion just inhibits me from exhaling via only my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm guessing you're talking about getting a hybrid mask then, a variant of the full face? If not, you'll not want to include mouth breathing.

Eventually it'll be good to put up an OSCAR shot. Maybe your therapy isn't set up correct. That's typical of most when you start out. You can and should tune your own PAP.

BTW what stats were on your detailed diagnosic study? If you don't have it yet, go get it. HIPAA law permits you to request and receive it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2021, 07:18 PM)alh2206 Wrote: Hello, Wondering if anyone has pointers on exhale issues with a P30i cushion. I am only able to get 2-3 hours of use because I wake up unable to exhale. I have seasonal allergies that somewhat constrict my nasal passages on a regular basis. I do use a nasal spray before bed.  I find the P30 very comfortable and have no inhale issues. I am considering trying a Dreamwear mask / Nasal Cushion and wonder if anyone else has had to do the same. I really dislike the idea of a full mask. 

My initial pressure was set to 5-15. After speaking to my Doctor she lowered it to 4-8. It has not helped my issue at all. 

Thanks in advance!
A low minimum pressure of 4 or 5 can give you the feeling of breathlessness. 

Set your minimum to 8 
max can be 15.

Post your OSCAR data.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
You state that you are having a problem during exhale. Are you using the EPR option? Since the lowest pressure that the AS10 can go is 4 cm. If you are using the EPR set to 3 and a pressure range of 4 to 8 cm, then your exhale pressure range is 4 to 5 cm. You can't get any lower with the CPAP turned on.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is set at fulltime and setting 3. I ordered the cushion/mask combination which should be here tomorrow. Hoping that may help.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR 3 doesn't reach full potential until your PAP's minimum pressure is set to 7.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,005 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.