Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhale resistance suddenly different
Hello all,

I've made great progress since joining this forum and appreciate all the help. My AHI has been steadily getting lower each night and I have felt better each morning.

However, the past two nights I have not slept well. I feel like I am suffocating. I have made no changes to my CPAP but it feels like it is very hard to exhale through my nostrils and it makes me very uncomfortable. Two nights in a row I have woken up multiple times with my mask off.

Philips SystemOne, APAP 9-14, a-flex 2, Amara View mask

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
difficult to theorize in the absence of data. Can you throw up some Sleepyhead charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2017, 09:18 AM)justMongo Wrote: difficult to theorize in the absence of data.  Can you throw up some Sleepyhead charts.

I'll post later this evening when I get home!

It seems like it takes about 3-5 breaths before the CPAP starts giving me exhale relief but the past few nights it just never starts giving the relief, if that makes sense?
Post Reply Post Reply

Download SleepyHead software, and use the tutorials in my signature line to upload here.

What Flex setting do you have your APAP set at? Since you are set in Auto Mode, try all 3 settings, 1,2 or 3.

You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, but is flow based.
• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] System One Resistance Control for Brevida Nasal Pillow Mask Nitschke 3 175 Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Nitschke
  Resistance checking heated air hose...? S.L. Ping Beauty 3 128 10-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Blockage during exhale - Uvula/Soft Palate mikemky 50 29,930 09-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Doza
  I can't exhale very well. mraroid 11 616 08-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Presure on Exhale vincentbizz 10 666 08-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Why am i getting a very high flow rate with long inhale, hold, and short exhale? sw33ttsunade 7 416 07-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Exhale Pressure? rouxster 1 306 07-25-2017, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape